What should I use to register a domain?

biscoolcool

Reaction score
I know how to register a domain, but can some one give me a reliable company from witch I can get a discount if I register 2 domains (same name but different extension) like .net and .com. Also I want the whois privacy to be very cheap.

Can anyone give me a website?

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I suggest goDaddy
and I find that if you call up the companies, you might be able to get a lower price if you mention a competitor that has an equal or lower price

and make sure you point dns to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

biscoolcool

Reaction score
What if they are already giving you a discount then will the do the price matching?

Thanks for mentioning the DNS but I allready know it.

ciril tomy

Reaction score
I think you can try either bluehost
or webhostingpad

These both companies are really god and they give a free .com domain.

And lots of free features. you can try their demo version of the cpanel and other feature there.

I use both bluehost and webhosting pad for my site and I am 100% satisfied.

lithaerien

Reaction score
I don't know about webhosting pad, they wanted me to scan my credit card to them so I broke it off. But for domain hosting? I went with goDaddy and I am satisfied, besides I think I read something about those webhosts providing only a year free domain or so, I may be wrong.

I'm sticking with X10 though, I'm starting to like it here. =)

Edit: I do kinda wish x10 paid service offered unlimited email accounts and databases though =/ I'm an unlimited kinda guy :p

Last edited:

zeppfrog

Reaction score
You should read the post from the admin on the first year free domain name at (can i say register.com?) that place. be sure to go to autoupdate a n d turn it off, and as quikly as you can delete your credit card from the wallet so it doesnt take it upon itself to doit anyways.

i had to go to auto update twice to get my card off, but i did the 895FIVE deal 45 bucks for 5 years. not a bad deal

to set your dns name there, you will get three lines initially when you log into your acct.

your domain name

somesmegg webbuild

somesmegg web forwarding

click on your domain name, enter our dns name servers in the top two places, and click through. it will say you are losing this and that... but you dont want it since you have this great host already and you dont need to pay them to forward what you can set right there, your domain name servers...

hope that gets ya going

oh, and feel free to add to my rep too...

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Recently I registered a domain with internetbs.net it is good check out once...