Which one is better?

• myBB

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • phpBB

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters

eliasr

Reaction score
I have a long time use phpBB, so, phpBB is my choice, is not a big argument but is the only, jejeje.

BorderLineSigs

Reaction score
personaly i like mybb better...i tried to install phpbb but i kept having issues xP so i think mybb is EASIER (noobish friendly) and better =D

Monawco

Reaction score
IMHO PHPBB is the best free one. It also has quite a big bunch of hacks and mods. If you want a full CMS based on phpBB I recommend Icy Phoenix.

Demo : free forum

icywind

Reaction score
phpBB of course! Even though there's a few mods they are stable than myBB many mods is so confusing!!!

delta110

Reaction score
I personally feel phpBB is the forum of choice, but only if you are willing to spend some amount of time modifying it.

MyBB is the choice for you if you don't want to spend weeks trying to install modifications in your spare time.

Really it comes down to your personal preference and how much time you have to dedicate.

joejv4

Reaction score
I voted for phpBB because that is what I have experience with. The forums at phpbb are a great resource and the Mods database for phpBB3 is growing steadily.

I have no idea what is involved with myBB, but may look into it and do a comparison one of these days. For now however I like all the flexibility offered by phpBB.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Mybb looks more like vbulletin but PhpBB is easier to customize and safer. I heard mybb had exploits. But, if I really had to choose it would be vBulletin but since this is about free ones I would choose phpbb since it is safer and easier.