Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

the_site

Reaction score
I am wondering anyone out there likes the game?

I just bought the Platinum version couple days ago, and it changed a lot from the first and second.

posidyn

Reaction score
I like the game too. Haven't touched it in a while. But will get back to it someday.

Never played the first 2 RCT, but I did play Bullfrog's Theme Park a while back. I remember Theme Park to be a lot more difficult than RCT3 in terms of making money, or maybe that's just me BEFORE I knew how to run a theme park :) But I do find RCT3 a lot more fun than Theme Park and you can do sooooooo much more.

rosetaylor01

Reaction score
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is completely updated and redesigned to take the series to all-new heights. Featuring overhauled 3D graphics and the exclusive new Coaster Cam, you can now see your park from any angle and ride the coasters you build. From street level to blimp, see your park pulse with fun and excitement like never before. Features include an enhanced user interface, complete camera control, and the ability to light up the night with the new park lighting system. The game stars a huge array of diverse guests and you can even create your own family members and friends and add them to your park. Create pyrotechnic wonders with the new Fireworks MixMaster, build your dream park with unlimited funds in "Sandbox" mode, and add music to rides and fireworks shows from your own mp3 library. Five themes are available: Generic, Spooky, Western, Adventure and Sci-fi.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't played Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. I do have the classic Roller Coaster Tycoon for PC though. My favorite thing to do in that game is to create the shuttle loop and crash the roller coaster outside of the park.

dylburger

Reaction score
I bought an online copy a couple of years back and got quite addicted. But I haven't played since I got a new computer.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I have both RCT2 and RCT3 but my graphics card is a bit too weak for RCT3 so I can't really play the parks that have nighttime in them. The whole game just slows down to an almost complete freeze when night time comes. I like the CoasterCam.

Hermoine22

Reaction score
I've never tried it I played RCT 1 and 2 but the 3rd I havent tried it. I heard it can give you motion sickness from just playing.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
I spent hours playing the first RT. Interesting fact for any coders reading this: it was written almost entirely in assembly. I have a copy of RT2, which I got working in high resolution, then played for all of five minutes. I'll probably never try the third... from what I've seen of it, it looks to be a classic case of graphical gimmicks over gameplay.

--- Mr. DOS

balaji2u

Reaction score
Im planning to buy one, is it worth buying ?
i read reviews not satisfied what you say guys ?

posidyn

Reaction score
I've never tried it I played RCT 1 and 2 but the 3rd I havent tried it. I heard it can give you motion sickness from just playing.

You can "ride" in the rides in RCT3. Depending on how big your screen is and how smooth the graphics are and your tolerance level, yes it can give some people motion sickness. It also depends on the coaster design.

As for is it worth buying?
My thoughts are
If you are after a business sim, RCT3 seems WAAAAAAAY too easy to be a good business sim.
If you just like to build theme parks with a bit of a money management challenege then it's good.
If you just like to build theme parks without any restrictions THEN IT'S YOUR GAME! Just go nuts and design whatever you want with the Sand Box mode, UNLIMITED FUNDS!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I am wondering anyone out there likes the game?

I just bought the Platinum version couple days ago, and it changed a lot from the first and second.

I haven't specifically tried Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, but I love tycoon games. I generally don't play games at all, but tycoon games seem to catch my interest regardless.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score

If you're just starting the RCT series and can run RCT3's Recommended (and preferably a bit better), go for RCT3. If you've already played some of the RCT's, RCT3 -is- a bit lower on my game totem than the first, but that's mostly cuase RCT3 feels like RCT1 with 3d. Other than that, RCT3's darn fun :)

That being said, it actually did a good job moving to 3d, so it's not like the Sonic series which SUCKED when it made the jump to 3d (although that might be because that particular jump happened to also include jumping from textboxes to horrible voice overs. Not sure yet.)

the_site

Reaction score
I have both RCT2 and RCT3 but my graphics card is a bit too weak for RCT3 so I can't really play the parks that have nighttime in them. The whole game just slows down to an almost complete freeze when night time comes. I like the CoasterCam.

I heard many people have that problem, but I believe they might have a patch to fix that.
Not too sure though.
Edit:

It is a great game to let your imagination go wild, this game is getting better and better every time.
I recently found out people make their own Custom Scenery. So if you are tired of the lame game Scenery, check online for realistic ones. Not to mention, the community just made their own custom Flat Rides. This game is certainly a buy.

Not to mention, a game to get back into

Last edited: