In your opinion, what is best about FREE web hosting with x10?

What do you think is best about FREE hosting with x10?

• The free subdomain

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • 3 MySQL databases

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Other domain tools E.g addon domains, parked domains etc.

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • cPanel

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • Support for many scripting languages (php, html, ASP.NET, python, ruby)

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • Daily backups

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • 500mb of disk space (ad free)

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • The vast bandwidth

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Softaculous (auto installer)

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't actually use X10 any more for hosting :s

X10 is definitely the best free hosting out there.

I think the best thing about it is the community :)

~Callum

lithaerien

Reaction score
Oh yeah you can also edit your website with the online html editor built in with the File Manager, which helps a lot if you know the code and are using a different computer for a quick page edit.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I do like a lite text editor like the one in cpanel. If I just want to quickly make a page though, I use good ol' notepad and save the file as a html or php and upload...but if you want to edit an existing file, you can't go wrong with a simple plain text editor.

I think cPanel is great overall, too.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I like the staff, especially that Brandon guy.

dharshan

Reaction score
x10 free hosting is the best free hosting service i have come up with, I have known about how important backups are, but never realized that they play a crucial part in web dev.Ii experienced my first data loss and recovery at x10 hosting, one day i found that my site was missing 2 days hard work and updates, and i was moved by it as i spent a lot of hours updating my site.

and magically after a day my site was back as it was thanks to the daily updates done by the x10 team.
so i feel the best thing x10 offers is the daily backup feature.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I like the staff, especially that Brandon guy.

I like the people that are a part of the user experience enhancement, such as x10Hosting's knowledge base, Twitter, Facebook, etc., especially that Adam guy.

:)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
And the people that are active in the forums and try to help people out and introduce others to x10 and play an active part. :)

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
I chose other. The reason I like X10 hosting is that it doesn't have weird restrictions and the fact that it is obviously a stable web host. I didn't trust other web hosts when I was looking around for a place to host my site because every other day, the host's website would be down (and so would all of the sites hosted on it). The support to most other sites isn't responsive either, so I usually ditch those sites pretty quickly. The up time has also been great, but that's just an added bonus.

Sure, CPanel and the support for many languages and the MySQL databases are great, but I didn't choose X10 simply for those.

Last edited:

Lavoaster

Reaction score
The best thing i love about x10 is everything

I didn't even know they did daily backup's until it was brought up in the Annouis all it offersncements.

And it's free :)

I'm just wondering how much they actually host in space compared to payed users

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The best thing i like in x10hosting is the primary domain name change control is in end user hand.

Till now i didn't find any other hosting which allow users to change their primary domain name on their own. Either you have to use as addon domain or you have to send a email or pm to the admin/staff. So they will change it for you.

zeppfrog

Reaction score
I had to choose cPanel, but its inclusive. all the features you get in cPanel is really the win. not the panel itself. so that pretty much covers everything else. the Downer is the login thing, though I like the forum, I have my domain registered for 5 years, someplace in there I am going to miss a check in or two and my site is going down. I could do without that.

icywind

Reaction score
x10Hosting have the essentials for web hosting so there's no need to go away and find some better! Also it's not so hard to Log-in once for a month just make your site active... I really love this Forum so much!!

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I really love how x10 supports many scripting languages which is unique among free hosts out there and the daily backups. I also like how x10 uses 4 different servers for the free hosting, rather than stuff everything into one, like I notice on most free hosts out there.

But best of all, the great support community and staff. :)

vekou

Reaction score
it feels like you're using a paid service, even when you're not. so i checked every option in the poll ^___^

csc2ya

Reaction score
I like the fact that it's ad-free, stable, and that if the servers do go down, or if there are problems, we are told what is happening, and kept up to date.

There are so many so called 'free' webhosts out there that either have constant downtimes, or solicit free customers to upgrade to paid hosting, or start removing features for free hosting. I could go on and on, but i'm not going to.

x10 has none of that. Yes, it does have occasional downtimes, but we are kept informed of what is happening, and also told when it is fixed.

I have used plenty of free webhosts in the past, but my site has never had such good uptime and stability before I moved to x10.

Dazz

Reaction score
I love everything about X10.

When I started my first website in 2007 I came here and have been here ever since. The free hosting packages are second to none and one of the best things about it is logging into the forums and chatting with other members or getting help and advice on issues with my websites so I've never been able to understand why so many people moan about it.