Xbox 360 - Facebook, Twitter, Last.Fm, Zune Movies

Zenax

Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering if any of you have had the chance to look at the latest update that Microsoft have offered for the Xbox 360. It consists of the ability to login into your facebook or twitter account directly from your xbox. It also allows you to use the music service Last.Fm as well as the ability to rent movies from the zune marketplace.

I think this update is one of the better ones that they have released recently. There is only one downside to this, which is the fact that you need an Xbox Live Gold Account in order to use the updates, but this is relatively cheap.

Currently using the Last.FM update and the streaming the music is seamless. I am having no problems at all using this service. Another good thing is the amound of different type of music that is on here that is available. I think this is an awesome update for Xbox.

I have also just used the Facebook update for the Xbox. I must also admit that this update is easy to use. You can do everything from looking at your photos to updating your status, which is instant.

I am yet to use the Twitter update, as I do not own a Twitter account so I don't really see the point in it really, as I am more of a facebook kinda guy. I might however create an account just so I can use the feature on my xbox to see if it is any good.

The Zune movie marketplace is a good update as well. It is loads better than the original that was included in with the xbox live marketplace. It contains more up to date movies as well as loads more content.

One of the problems that I have fount with this is the fact that each individual thing, such as the app for facebook are all released as individual updates. I think that it would of been better to create a package with all of them included. However the upside of this is the fact that you can pick and choose which updates you want to install onto your xbox.

So, thats my view on all the updates, whats your's?!?

Clinton

Reaction score
Does absolutely nothing for me. I can't say I use any of those services especially on a console.

kinley3

Reaction score
Just found this out last night. Facebook thing is pretty cool, although I can't foresee using it a whole lot. It does give me the chance to play with my facebook friends, whose gamer tags I otherwise wouldn't even know about or look for. Haven't ever used any of the other services, but to me the update seems like a cool and somewhat convenient one...

Zenax

Reaction score
convenient yes especially if u cba to turn your computer or laptop on. the last.fm is a v. good update

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
last.fm is awesome. Probably the most useful thing since the netflix update.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have an Xbox 360 (although my brother does), but if I did have one, and I used it for media, I would love the Last.fm functionality.

--- Mr. DOS

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have an Xbox 360, but these new features do sound pretty good. I'll see if one of my friends who owns the game console is free for me to stop over or to come over here to check these out.

Zenax

Reaction score
the only downsie is the gold membership. but then again its pretty cheap!

henstya

Reaction score
The facebook and twitter thing are a nice feature to find Xbox live friends from your facebook, but other than that I would rather just use the good ol PC to do that kind of stuff. It is much faster to click links than to use the gamepad and select each option.

The Zune movie rental / download feature seems very promising though, that's probably something I plan to use in the future so I don't have to drive out to rent a movie.