Server Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

icywind

Reaction score
I want to transfer my account from lotus to stoli...

cPanel: icywind

Thanks!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Free accounts are not transferred between servers. The only time you will get onto a different server is if you upgrade to paid. Is there a reason you want to switch? All of the free servers are really identical in speed and downtime, probably even their physical aspects are identical. Even though one might be having problems now, the other one will have problems sometime in the future that will make up for it :p

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score

icywind

Reaction score
Uhmmm... May I transfer to stoli server because I can't see a shared ip for my account which is the thing I'm finding so I will use only A records which is fast that name servers as I've observe.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Uhmmm... May I transfer to stoli server because I can't see a shared ip for my account which is the thing I'm finding so I will use only A records which is fast that name servers as I've observe.

no, free accounts are not transferred between servers. as admins are aware of the issue it will be fixed shortly when the next update comes out.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Because the cPanel of lotus is different from stoli. In stoli I can find the shared IP but not in lotus.

Also there's a bug in lotus cPanel.

When I click the home graphical button in top left it redirects to:
http://lotus.x10hosting.com:2082/frontend/x3/index.php

but the correct link is this,
http://lotus.x10hosting.com:2082/frontend/x3/index.html

For now you can use another link to goback to homepage of your cpanel

In everypage here is a Home link in the footer. Just scroll down and click that link to goback to the CPanel home page that is pointing to correct page http://lotus.x10hosting.com:2082/frontend/x3/index.html :)

icywind

Reaction score
Uhmmm... fine, Thanks! :D
Edit:
Where can I find the shared ip in lotus cPanel?

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score

This is lotus IP

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

ping the server and you get the IP

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows

Start>Run>Type "cmd">okay.
Type "ping lotus.x10hosting.com" into the command prompt window and press enter.

There you have it :)
There are probably other ways of doing it, its just this is mine.

icywind

Reaction score
Oh,, thanks! It's a great help... But I'd rather ping my own sub-domain in x10hosting.com to use it's IP as an "A Record", is it okay?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, that would work just fine.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Oh,, thanks! It's a great help... But I'd rather ping my own sub-domain in x10hosting.com to use it's IP as an "A Record", is it okay?
Yes. Make sure you ping your X10 subdomain, since sometimes the server address points to a different IP than the IP which serves web content. I.e. on starka one IP runs starka.x10hosting.com, another IP serves all the actual web sites hosted on starka. Using the starka.x10hosting.com IP for an A-Record results in no content being served. I suspect it might be the same for other servers.

icywind

Reaction score
Thank you to all! I've learned a lot in this forum!!! Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.