The best mobile operating system...

anirtak143

Reaction score
I would go for Symbian OS. It has a large library of symbian software. There is java for S40 and S30, right? But java has limited capabilities, so i would go for symbian phones forever...

Any opinion? Reaction? Or you like another mobile operating system... thanks

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, and this WILL come as a shock to anyone who knows me, I prefer Windows Mobile. It's a secure, fast and reliable mobile OS with a lot of options software wise. It's much less bulky and crappified than its desktop counterpart.

I'd be interested in a mobile OS from Canonical, the Ubuntu developers. I think they could do some great things if their MID edition also targeted mobile phones or if they start up a project for phones.

I never did like Symbian, it always seemed to clunky for my liking. I just don't like the way things are organised, it just doesn't work for me. This comes down to personal preference though I suppose.

-Luke.

kkenny

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to say. The only PDA OS'es I know are Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Palm and... that's basically it. I've only used Palm and I can truthfully say that it is highly reliable when it comes to organizing things such as calenders, contacts and surfing the internet. I'd really like to try a Blackberry someday though.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows Mobile phones are pretty impressive. They're fast for browsing, and not to mention, if you are willing to sacrafice a bit of the battery, you can "hack" the phone to make it a wireless Broadband access point if you use 3G service like EV-DO.

misteruniverse

Reaction score
you can go for symbian but need some antivirus protection. java phones are not prone to virus infection and also hangs less than symbian.

anirtak143

Reaction score
you can go for symbian but need some antivirus protection. java phones are not prone to virus infection and also hangs less than symbian.

i agree, but s60v3 phones are less virus prone because of signing and sometimes protects the users from accidentally opening message attachments(sent via bluetooth, etc)...

regarding the hangs, yeah, i totally agree. my n73 hangs a lot... also please note that not all symbian phones are not like these... the n73 has significantly less ram than the n95...

Dan

Reaction score
Please when posting in this thread from now on, make sure that you are not just repeating what someone else has said and make sure you are not just posting a one liner such as 'That isn't true'. Posts should say why you like it and why you don't like the other or why you think this, and why you think that person is wrong etc. etc.

anirtak143

Reaction score
Please when posting in this thread from now on, make sure that you are not just repeating what someone else has said and make sure you are not just posting a one liner such as 'That isn't true'. Posts should say why you like it and why you don't like the other or why you think this, and why you think that person is wrong etc. etc.

if you read my post again, i took my side and i made a brief explanation..

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I have only used Apple's iPod Touch / iPhone software which works fine. Don't have anything to compare it to though. ;)
Although the software is a bit buggy and can be slow at times, it is really nice.
Of course, Apple still needs to work on it more. :)

Upgrayedd

Reaction score
I am gonna go ahead and go with the world of GNU/Linux. There are loads of distributions that work on pretty much anything (including PDAs ipods, phones, packs of toothpicks, etc...)
I use windows xp for my main machine because of work but all my other secondary machines and portables use various distributions of GNU/Linux.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Since you didn't limit a mobile platform, I'd have to choose between an UMPC running XP/Vista, or my PSP, which runs XMB, uCLinux, MS-DOS, Windows 3.1.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, MacOS 7.5.5, MacOS 8.1, NervOS, IRShell, project4, NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, GBA, PSOne, and Sega DreamCast (last one is new and very slow, everything else is either full speed or very useable).

jaco_don

Reaction score
Symbian UIQ ... are life and best for Mobile device ...Windows is cool ... but haven't used it

allinone

Reaction score
symbian is best.reason is it have largest softwares available for it, games are there many applications are there which are not available for other os, its the most widely used os........

naved123456

Reaction score
I will also be going symbian os and with nokia. Many companies are now making symbian phones like samsung or ericsson, but it was nokia who started it. I have a n85 and very happy with it.

digyourpc

Reaction score
I think Symbian OS is the best mobile operating system. It is packed with all the features that an average mobile user needs. Although windows mobile operating system is also good but it is little bit difficult to handle...only if you are a newbie!

dharshan

Reaction score
what bout Android?? it is the newest and hottest of all, as i see... the new smart phone which was launched recently featured android, and most of the never gen phones come with it ..

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I go with android. The emerging trend. It is because we can develop our own applications easily. :)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I think windoze mobile is awful. Symbian is kinda good but I've never actually used it on a screen bigger than an inch.

iPhone OS is the best, I reckon the people who can't afford are the ones giving it bad reviews.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Maybe Android, which is pretty good. Being able to write Java as the "native" code is both cool and useful, despite it using a different library, which doesn't however wonder me too much. Being completely open makes it much more useful than other OSs since I can then customise to the exact level I want.

iPhone OS is the best, I reckon the people who can't afford are the ones giving it bad reviews.
You'll find an Android phone can be more expensive. As well as letting you do a lot more with it if you get the developer version, in contrast to the iPhone which locks up what you can do. It takes antifunctionality to the logical limit. (Ok, you can jailbreak, but that voids warranty...)

Awesomexr

Reaction score
I'm going for iPhone OS (Jailbroken), since I'm the proud owner of my own iPhone 3GS :) Jailbreaking the iPhone does not void the warranty to be honest; you can restore your iPhone back to it's original settings at any time.