Wikipedia Book of 5000 pages

ananth2ananth

Reaction score
fwfeg.png

Wikipedia is now on a printed book as Wikipedia Encyclopedia which contains around 3 million articles in site.The articles included in this book is just 0.01% of the Wikipedia Site.

This book has contains about 5,000 pages and it’s a compilation of 400+ featured articles all picked from Wikipedia. The book is very Huge which is about 1feet 7inches high

I8E0k.jpg

7CQWf.jpg

N7B3T.png

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, 1feet 7inches high its huge, What could be the price for 0.01% of wikipedia articles ;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, that's the biggest book I have ever seen in my life. At least it shows the vast amount of information the Internet has in print :)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Each featured article on Wikipedia takes up an average of 12.5 pages? That's a long article!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I wonder how many trees have to be chopped down for this book... :cool:

I heard somewhere that an average tree makes about 100,000 sheets of paper (don't know what type or quality, though), so that book would've probably taken about 1/20 of a tree.

Reaction score
Damw that is a large/huge book man .
how you must take it from the shop to your house:nuts:
And i wound't buy it because i can search on the internet, yust a stupid idea if you ask me.

mindstorm8191

Reaction score
That's a crazy-tall book, totally impractical for reading though. I guess it just shows how much information they've gathered on Wikipedia. I'd rather see a multi-book Wikipedia...

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
(Pst, mods, all the links in the first post of the thread are spammy.)

See, this is why typical encyclopedias use these things called “volumes”.

--- Mr. DOS

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
That defeats the object of having the internet then, if you also want what wikipedia has to offer in a physical means. I think it's a little silly.