Windows 7...

faceters1

Reaction score
whom anybody have windows 7 here? are they legit? haha post your answer here... lol

faceters1

Reaction score
is that legit? there are lots of windows 7 now in th wild that come up with a loader.... hehe

njn007

Reaction score
Snow Leopard rules!

I have Windows 7 and think it's better than Vista, but is still just "OK".

Hauzer

Reaction score
I personally think that it's far better than Vista. In performance wise and accessibility. I'd recommend you purchase it. ;)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I personally think that it's far better than Vista. In performance wise and accessibility. I'd recommend you purchase it. ;)
Even though there is another se7en thread, I'll post here aswell...

I got it since my old HDDs had failed me (one under warranty still, not the other) and I am pretty much impressed. Even though I already have about 250GB of programs, music, videos, files on it, the starting up and shutting down times are impressive. And I particularly like the new taskbar. I get to pin some programs to the taskbar, and frankly, who needs text where icons are enough...

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a new laptop I recently purchased which is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Wasn't that hard to set up with my network. Mostly sitting down at the router running some commands on it for the laptop but it grabbed both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address when it came online for the first time and was connected via Wireless (Full 3x3 Wireless N). I might be upgrading the rest of my PCs to Windows 7 when I upgrade them since a lot of them still run Windows 2000 which is hardly supported by apps anymore so it seems. One of them runs Windows XP and that machine is old. My gaming machine still has Vista 64-bit on it.

Last edited:

phpmain2

Reaction score
I admit that I am still a loyal XP user :p, but my friend upgraded about the second day 7 came out. He said that the interface is much sleeker and user-friendly as well as that the OS is not laggy at all. I heard from others about the infamous "2 week crash", but he said he had no issues at all.

I think I may try 7 soon.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I admit that I am still a loyal XP user :p, but my friend upgraded about the second day 7 came out. He said that the interface is much sleeker and user-friendly as well as that the OS is not laggy at all. I heard from others about the infamous "2 week crash", but he said he had no issues at all.

I think I may try 7 soon.

Gotta ask, what's this 2 week crash you're referring to? I'm just curious what massive implosion I've managed to avoid by TRYING to get this install to buckle under the weight of too much awesome :)

I'm at 4 months with 2 known BSOD's so far; one was intentionally caused with a c# app that shows exactly what NOT to do with some memory code (as in, it shows what happens when you do it wrong), the other wasn't a BSOD so much as a game trainer crashed when Red Alert 3 crashed and took Explorer with it, and once Explorer came back it was throwing RPC errors whenever I tried to browse folders. That's less of a BSOD and more of a strange 1-shot glitch I haven't been able to replicate after updating RA3 though.

And that's with me -trying- to break the OS. I <3 this thing!

cubeman

Reaction score
I've been running Windows 7 since the beta's. When RC1 came out i switched over instantly. When it went gold i bought it. The OS is great. I came from using vista but i see minimal preformence differences (7 having better preformence then vista).

The new GUI is much more fluid in my opinion. Had no issues with software or hardware though i don't have alot of hardware.

mac173

Reaction score
I ran the RC on my laptop for months, and it really increased performance and reliability over Vista by a large margin. Vista BSOD'd EVERY TIME I BOOTED. I mean literally every time. So far 7 has crashed 4 times, and I think they are hardware issues (of course DELL disagrees).

I have now upgraded all three machines to 7 and I love it. I did not like the file manager originally, but I am getting used to it, and the other features far outweigh that. Mostly, I like that it is lightweight, fast, and unobtrusive.

It really impressed me when I hooked up my 13 year old HP 722c printer, and it recognized it, ID'ed it, and installed drivers and configured everything in about 20 seconds. Every piece of hardware I have hooked up has connected flawlessly and automatically. Vista would not play with most of them, so 7 is a great improvement.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
I love my Windows 7 when I got it I wiped *crappy vista* and fresh installed windows 7, since then I have never looked back :D

greatm

Reaction score
I liked Vista, then again, my machine was powerful enough for Vista's increased requirements wasn't an issue. When I upgraded to 7 I saw no increase in performance. The only difference was the start-up and shut-down times. In Vista I started up fatser, but 7 shuts down faster than I had with vista. I don't mind that my computer shuts down in less than five seconds, but it was nice not waiting as long to be able to log-in. Even so, 7 has impressed me just as much as vista and I think I'll be sticking with it for awhile.

Jesse

Reaction score
I Have Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit

Yeah it's legit. So far I'm Loving it! :)

Pretty much similar to vista but BETTER than Vista. Hehe.

Windows 7 is much stable and faster than Vista.. So i guess if you're planning to buy a Genuine OS, it would be worth it. Than buying a buggy legit vista. lol.

ejewow

Reaction score
Windows 7 is best taken q to microsoft. is fast and has integrated many utilities.

q is like saying xp is joined with vista jejjejejeej .

i have windows 7 and I am very happy with it.
I work perfect games.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows 7 is better than Vista......... Lots of feature and less prone to virus attack due to enhanced security....

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I am using windows 7 Ultimate.. It is the best

marley17

Reaction score
You cannot say which is better until you try it personally, despite of the comments you read, still the end point it is in you.. .. however, yes it is really far better than vista on all aspects..my desktop pc is now working better a bit from xp..

Last edited: