Xbox or Playstation 3?

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
The system link hack works but I prefer the full gold membership so you get your points etc... and who the f*** thought thats the way to put on thermal paste, and it proberly just shorted, the only thing id think it would do :p

xgreenberetx

Reaction score
I played both and even with the problems with red rings, Xbox 360 is better. People playing on xbox network is triple that of PSN. Not to mention, the PSN is free because you depend on a users connection to host the game. Xbox uses quality servers to allow users to host.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
I played both and even with the problems with red rings, Xbox 360 is better. People playing on xbox network is triple that of PSN. Not to mention, the PSN is free because you depend on a users connection to host the game. Xbox uses quality servers to allow users to host.

Had to say thanks for that post, since I totally agree :)

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Well, Normally the xbox has a 3 year guarantee so if MS is bit**** about money tell them they caused this issue and now they should fix it!

skai123

Reaction score

This is full of lies... hahaha...

PS3 has more games that has dedicated servers than the 360...

Warhawk
Killzone
Socom
Resistance

all have dedicated servers, there are more, just cant remember them all..

Uncharted 2 doesnt have dedicated servers, but

gears, cod, halo, from the top of my head, uses P2P (no dedicated servers)... that's why there was/is HOST advantage for Gears2 and HOST migration for COD... and i think most if not all 360 games does NOT have dedicated servers...

There's even a petition to have dedicated servers for Xbox Live, lol
Edit:
RROD is always a free fix.

unless he's out of the 3 year warranty for RROD and the E## (forgot the number) error..
disc read error and other errors are only covered for 1 year...

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
unless he's out of the 3 year warranty for RROD and the E## (forgot the number) error..
They are both covered in the extended warranty.

skai123

Reaction score
I prefer my xbox 360, more games, better graphics card in the 360 (check yourself), I love Xbox live and Halo Is a must!

Kill zone is good for the PS3 but i prefer halo, plus the PS3 isn't as good for multimedia and internet gaming, Its generally up to what you prefer.

I don't mind that the PS3 has wifi Bluetooth and a better processor, I prefer the better game play and controllers on the 360 and when natal comes out you won't get me off my 360, I have had my 360 since 2006 and it hasnt red ringed yet.... must change the heatsink on it though just in case :)

360 may have a slightly better graphics card, but the CELL in the PS3 can support the RSX (graphic card in the PS3)...

no point in having a better graphics card butl no games look better than PS3 exlusives...

name me 1 game on the 360 that is out now. that looks better than Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2...

PS3 is a better multimedia device than the 360...
1. it has blu-ray...
2. u can watch stream videos on the interweb via internet browser, pretty much you can do almost everything that's on the web...
3. it (officially) supports divx
4. you can stream any video (any format) from ur computer over the router (wired or wireless). (i use PS3 media server) you can also use it to copy files over to the ps3, ie music, pictures, videos
5. It has a pretty sweet photo gallary thing
Edit:
They are both covered in the extended warranty.

absolutly incorrect...

" (i) as applied to the Console, a period of one year (three years for conditions that either cause three lights on the ring of light on the front of the Console to flash red, or display an E74 error code on the video display connected to the Console) starting as of the date of your sales receipt for the purchase of the Console"

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/hardware/warranty/warranty/ProductWarrantyNew.aspx

too many people are giving out false information....

the warranty when the 360 first launch was only for 90 days, then it was extended to 1 year, and finally 3 years for RROD, and in 2009 included E74 error to the 3 years warranty

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
the warranty when the 360 first launch was only for 90 days, then it was extended to 1 year, and finally 3 years for RROD, and in 2009 included E74 error to the 3 years warranty
You just said what I stated. Both are covered in the extended warranty.

I must of misread the second part about the disc errors or whatnot because they are not covered in warranty after 1 year. I was referring to the rrod and the E74 error only.

But that warranty beats the pants off Sony or Nintendo.

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score
You just said what I stated. Both are covered in the extended warranty.

I must of misread the second part about the disc errors or whatnot because they are not covered in warranty after 1 year. I was referring to the rrod and the E74 error only.

But that warranty beats the pants off Sony or Nintendo.

I thought u were refering to the Disc read error/ and other errors...

since i said

"unless he's out of the 3 year warranty for RROD and the E## (forgot the number) error..
disc read error and other errors are only covered for 1 year..."
3 year warranty FOR RROD/E74
disc read errors/other erros are covered for 1 year...

And the warranty was made to save their own ass... it was either that or do a massive recall, which would have kill the xbox... and microsoft would have pulled out of the console...

saying the warranty beats the pants off sony and nintendo is pretty arrogant... since why would u need warranty if there was 0% defective rate? [just saying for an example]

MS launch the 360 knowing that it would RROD... in a high percentage at that...
that would be like honda/toyota/bmw/lamborgini/audi/ or whatever manufacture u like, releases a car that had way over the safety defective rate... but they say they would cover it for 10 years... would you still buy it?
I hope you wouldn't...

or how about Apple/any other company releasing an mac book/any other laptop that has a high percentage, say 20% defect rate for it. but it would be covered for 3 years...

etc...

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
MS launch the 360 knowing that it would RROD... in a high percentage at that...
that would be like honda/toyota/bmw/lamborgini/audi/ or whatever manufacture u like, releases a car that had way over the safety defective rate... but they say they would cover it for 10 years... would you still buy it?
I hope you wouldn't...

or how about Apple/any other company releasing an mac book/any other laptop that has a high percentage, say 20% defect rate for it. but it would be covered for 3 years...

etc...

Do you know for fact that they released the console defective ? I doubt any major corporation would release a defective product. Unless the product wasn't tested properly and for long enough.

Also aren't crApll€ laptops known for defective LCD screens ?

skai123

Reaction score
Do you know for fact that they released the console defective ? I doubt any major corporation would release a defective product. Unless the product wasn't tested properly and for long enough.

Also aren't crApll€ laptops known for defective LCD screens ?

1. they wanted to release before sony and nintendo, so they rush it out....

Microsoft knew it had flawed machines, but it did not delay its launch because it believed the quality problems would subside over time. With each new machine, the company figured it would ride the “learning curve,” or continuously improve its production. Even though Microsoft’s leaders knew their quality wasn’t top notch, they did not ensure that resources were in place to handle returns and quickly debug bad consoles. There were plenty of warning signs, but the company chose to ignore them. The different parts of the business weren’t aligned.

http://games.venturebeat.com/2008/0...istory-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail
(pretty much since launch, the article was written in july 2007)

http://www.crn.com.au/News/85600,microsoft-facing-us115bn-xbox-360-repair-bill.aspx

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13512_3-9758681-23.html

In a court filing that was opened to the public yesterday, Microsoft revealed that it knew long ago that its Xbox 360 video game console was damaging game discs by carving deep scratches into them. But the company declined to fix the issue after investigating several possible solutions.
The filing came to light as part of a class action lawsuit on behalf of all Xbox 360 owners that claims the Xbox 360 is defective because it can easily scratch game discs, making them unusable. According to the documents, Microsoft knew about the problem well before the consoles release in 2006.
http://windowsitpro.com/article/art...-knew-about-refused-to-fix-xbox-360-flaw.html

and many more....

the 360 has been out this long, and there is still a high failure rate, maybe not as high as it was before... but still high...

if u open up a (or search google of an open) 360 and a PS3/slim, you can see the difference in quality...

xbox360-open.jpg

opening-the-xbox-360-elite-thumb.jpg

x1TXHAFASNqAwasI.large

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft-Xbox-360/1203/1

PS3

ps3.jpg

eALK2uHL5Vfo4tHN.large

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Sony-Playstation-3/1260/1

PS3 slim

PS3_Slim_open.jpg

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation-3-Slim/1121/1

Last edited:

Clinton

Reaction score
This is full of lies... hahaha...

PS3 has more games that has dedicated servers than the 360...

Warhawk
Killzone
Socom
Resistance

all have dedicated servers, there are more, just cant remember them all..

Uncharted 2 doesnt have dedicated servers, but

gears, cod, halo, from the top of my head, uses P2P (no dedicated servers)... that's why there was/is HOST advantage for Gears2 and HOST migration for COD... and i think most if not all 360 games does NOT have dedicated servers...

There's even a petition to have dedicated servers for Xbox Live, lol
Edit:

Exactly the case. They claim my warranty is up so it's garbage now. I'll just sell it for parts or get someone to mod it. Trash quality hardware which I'll never invest in again.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Throw a 360 it wont break that easy trust me, Throw a PS3 it breaks, I dropped my PS3 like 10 cm's off the ground and the case cracked in half.... I dropped my xbox 360 by accident when it toppled over around 1 m and it never broke heck didnt scratch it now where is the quality, and the new PS3 slim is stupid, I prefer the look of the older one TBH.

skai123

Reaction score
Throw a 360 it wont break that easy trust me, Throw a PS3 it breaks, I dropped my PS3 like 10 cm's off the ground and the case cracked in half.... I dropped my xbox 360 by accident when it toppled over around 1 m and it never broke heck didnt scratch it now where is the quality, and the new PS3 slim is stupid, I prefer the look of the older one TBH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3-PwYuYz9k&feature=player_embedded

durability test...

PS3 put in different environment, from 0 degrees, to sauna.. over 4 days
http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975

Last edited:

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
XBOX 360 is the best of best