Help with Constant Boredom

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm still on break, and when I take a break from schoolwork and painting my house (which sucks), I am constantly bored. When I am bored, I either watch TV or play video games, but if I have something to do, I don't play video games or TV. So... is there anything I can do online or something cool I can do that doesn't involve video games because I don't really like playing them for a long time. If you know a cool website or something, please post it up. Thanks!

Regards,
ShadowmasterX

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Get a girl friend.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
owned me, to the max, but yea, i dooo have one thanks =.=
shes away in another state...

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Find another one :)

Just joking, go out with your friends and away form the comp. Take a walk, if you have a bicycle that's even better. I suppose you have a digital camera of some sort, if that's the case take some cool photos and post it here. Everything is better then constantly sitting in front of the computer, believe me I know I spend minimum of 10 hours in front of a computer every day and believe me it SUCKS!

Last edited:

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
yea... it makes me feel groggy after a while.. something like that =P

I do do photography, but my camera is broken GRRr

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I would take this opportunity to spam you, but my websites not working :(

But seriously, life isn't all about computers. Get away from the computer and spend some time with friends and stuff.

~Callum

fractalfeline

Reaction score
1) Grab a book. There must be SOMETHING you've been meaning to read.
2) Grab a drawing tablet or invest in some kind of drawing program. I personally like Corel Photo-Paint. GIMP is a pretty good program too, and free, here: http://www.gimp.org/
3) Grab a friend, some cards, some chips, some sammiches, head to the park.
4) Find a dancing guide and some YouTube videos and learn some classic ballroom dancing. Or tai chi, something.
5) If all else fails, keep organizing and reorganizing your socks. That's always fun right?

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Well... im money retarded and I really don't have a means of transportation.. Im screwed =.=

bfpower

Reaction score
Learn to program computers. It stretches your brain. If you already program, learn a new paradigm (trade your object-oriented language for a functional one, or develop for a mobile phone instead of a desktop, or web app). This tends to be free, as you obviously already have a computer and Internet. There are free tools for most all languages out there. And free books online for many of them.

I enjoy electronics projects as well. Recently I built a ring modulator guitar pedal (from a kit, I just put it together). That can be fun, and the entry cost is minimal (about $40 for the soldering kit). I find it relaxing to grab a beer, put on some tunes and build something.

Of course, too much beer + soldering iron = fire. So keep it safe if beer's your thing.

dlccan

Reaction score
I agree on sleep. Better stock up on sleep before school starts.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Shadow, you should seriously join some of the gaming sessions I'm in. I promise you won't become bored. Otherwise, I'd say Sleep from a personal stance. If you have a pet such as a dog or a cat that makes things even better.

/me runs off as people insult the computer as I spend a lot of time on and working with computers and electronics.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
pfft... Bryon's not been here yet. So:

Get a job!

stesouthby

Reaction score
if your old enough get drunk :p no just joking learn somthing new like coding or brush up on all the things you started and never finshed thats what i do

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
I'm with the “learn to dance” one.￾ It can actually be a lot of fun, and even though it probably won't pay off right away, should the situation ever arise, knowing basic waltz and swing will really impress your girlfriend ;)

Other than that, reading is good. Don't have any? It's called the library.

Or you could just do what I do - TV back episodes. I'm currently watching Futurama and House, did a Firefly marathon with some friends on Monday, and finished Buffy a few weeks ago.

--- Mr. DOS

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm with sleep. It is the best thing you can do to relax ur eyes after struggling for long time with computer rays. Take out ur physics book and start reading it and when u got bored throw it and pickup chemistry and then bio and at last maths. After this you can't stop urself to take a sleep.

Last edited: