Which Is More Understandable?

str82u

Reaction score
I'm getting close to halfway on the new inmate site and have had so many design changes and ideas... So if you can help me out by telling me which of the two pages seems best. You don't have to explain, just what do you think is best?
Code:
http://www.countyjailinmatesearch.net/alabama-county-jails.html
 or 
http://www.countyjailinmatesearch.net/oregon-county-jails.html
If you want to tell me, I'm listening.

Thanks a bunch!

Elesarr

Reaction score
personally I like the Alabama layout better, with one critique - I'd make the columns sequential instead of having to read left to right on each line like it is now; the way it is now is a bit confusing and not easy to quickly locate where in the alphabet you want to start looking.

so basically it would function better thus:

col. 1_____col. 2
a _______ p
b _______ q
c _______ r
d _______ s
e _______ t
f _______ u
... _______ ...

otherwise the Alabama layout is the nicest.

Hope my comments were of help! ;)

Last edited:

sathanna

Prime Account
Reaction score
I agree with linking the Alabama site better. I especially find the writing on the top left easier to understand in the Alabama one, rather than the Oregon one.

str82u

Reaction score
I agree with linking the Alabama site better. I especially find the writing on the top left easier to understand in the Alabama one, rather than the Oregon one.

If you mean the heading "Search These Jails..." yeah, I see what you mean, easier on the eyes. The Bright white is a H2 or h3 and needs to go anyhow, too many h tags in there now.

Thanks again for the input. Really needed that.
Edit:
personally I like the Alabama layout better, with one critique - I'd make the columns sequential instead of having to read left to right on each line like it is now; the way it is now is a bit confusing and not easy to quickly locate where in the alphabet you want to start looking.

so basically it would function better thus:

col. 1_____col. 2
a _______ p
b _______ q
c _______ r
d _______ s
e _______ t
f _______ u
... _______ ...

otherwise the Alabama layout is the nicest.

Hope my comments were of help! ;)

Right, I know what you mean, I wrote that and it's hard to keep up with. Thing is, first page I did it on, Google ate it up, changing the order from something less like any other list of counties may have done it, but my ultimate plan involves getting all the addresses and phone numbers like the oregon page. Damn, this gets deeper and deeper.

Thank You again for checking that out for me, really do appreciate it.

Andrew

Last edited: