cpanel still not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score
my username and password are not working on my cpanel...but I can access it with ftp

Also, should I use softaculus to install Dolphin, or should I manually upload the files? Seems like I remember a couple of people on here saying that it's not a good idea to use softaculus

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score
that one worked very well, thank you :)
Edit:
Hi again,
Softaculus isn't working for me. I get this error:
Site error: the file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/softaculous/enduser/inc.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Is it safe to try a manual install? or should I wait till the wonderful admins are done??

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
that one worked very well, thank you :)
Edit:
Hi again,
Softaculus isn't working for me. I get this error:
Site error: the file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/softaculous/enduser/inc.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Is it safe to try a manual install? or should I wait till the wonderful admins are done??

Hi earthinc,

The server you are on, Starka, has just finished up its updates and should be running smoothly shortly. If you need to install the software immediately, you can try doing a manual installation, but if you can wait a bit longer, Softaculous should be back up and fine momentarily.

- Adam

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks again Adam. I guess my next question is about using softaculus at all. I found this post:

"I would not recommend using C Panel auto installersl.
There are many horror stories on the Internet about doing this. Mostly because the installations eventually break and are not fixable causing you to have to wipe the installation clean and start over from scratch.
Most people recommend installing manually as does Drupal itself."

So...is this a legitimate fear I should have? Or do you think I can trust softaculus?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks again Adam. I guess my next question is about using softaculus at all. I found this post:

"I would not recommend using C Panel auto installersl.
There are many horror stories on the Internet about doing this. Mostly because the installations eventually break and are not fixable causing you to have to wipe the installation clean and start over from scratch.
Most people recommend installing manually as does Drupal itself."

So...is this a legitimate fear I should have? Or do you think I can trust softaculus?

There should not be anything wrong with using an auto installer as it installs the same way as a manual install would do.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Basically, an auto installer only saves you the trouble of uploading the files.

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, tried to install Dolphin manually, and I get a LONG list of errors. At the bottom there is:

Path to php binary
Description:
Example:
not found
You should specify full path to your PHP interpreter here.
/usr/local/bin/php
Path to mogrify
Description:
Example:
not found
If mogrify binary doesn't exist please install ImageMagick
/usr/local/bin/mogrify
Path to convert
Description:
Example:
not found
If convert binary doesn't exist please install ImageMagick
/usr/local/bin/convert
Path to composite
Description:
Example:
not found
If composite binary doesn't exist please install ImageMagick
/usr/local/bin/composite

I should have waited for softaculus! LOL

gamesake

Reaction score
HELLO!?!?! I still can't get to starka or my website. I thought the server was done!?!?

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score
I'm on Starka, and I'm not having any problems connecting to my site. Just a few minor mysql errors.
Although, I've been able to access my main site the entire time this server-migration has been going on. Seems like others have had much worse problems that I

gamesake

Reaction score
yeah. Umm. This is ticking me off. Can an admin help me. The server is up right? Well I still can't connect in any way to my website or cpanel.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
yeah. Umm. This is ticking me off. Can an admin help me. The server is up right? Well I still can't connect in any way to my website or cpanel.

Hello gamesake

Starka is moved to new machine recently.. so things may take time to start work on properly...
Please wait for sometime. Everything will work..

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If this happens a lot I will be changing hosts.

Acting like that is not going to get you anywhere. This is a free host, you can't expect everything to be perfect.

I see you're using a .co.cc, are you sure you have the namesevers pointing to:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Have you tried accessing cPanel directly? http://starka.x10hosting.com:2082/

Status
Not open for further replies.