Bigger link to server status page

rbeede

Reaction score
The scrolling banner "Read the News & Services Alerts Before Creating A Support Thread" should be replaced with double the size font text that reads:

"Go to http://status.x10hosting.com for server status before posting for help"

That way I can just hit forums.x10hosting.com and hit that link before I dig down towards the community support pages.

xdevhald

Reaction score
The Service Alerts link is not even 2 inches away from the top. I do need to say that the scrolling is fast and red is not the best color unless you choose a dark red as the font color for the text. Sorry to say, but that is called laziness if you can't even scroll down just a little to view this.

Honesty is the best Policy.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
That way I can just hit forums.x10hosting.com and hit that link before I dig down towards the community support pages.
Ever heard of a thing called a bookmark?

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Ever heard of a thing called a bookmark?
If you're using Firefox (possibly others?), you can even set a keyword, which you can then type in the address bar to directly go to the bookmark, ie. type in x10 to go to that page -- couldn't be any easier could it?

I was just thinking it might be worthwhile having a popup stating the same message though for anyone starting a new thread in the support forums (disabled for more experienced users?), just to help people who have "overseen" the message at the top of the forum, in case the status is in fact relevant to their support query / makes the query unnecessary etc.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The amount of variables in that system would be humongous. Corey recently disabled the support forums and I think that it forces people to wait for the changes to be over. There's less than a day left.