How do i add a page

remnightfal

Reaction score
hahaha this is going to sound weird, and im a total newb, so uhh ya
how do i add a page to my site.
What i mean is this is my site http://bluehedgehog.pcriot.com/ now if you see on the left there is a Main section, then there is a Home, then an Affiliate section, but when you click on affiliate it just brings you back to the main index page

Plzzzz helpp i dunno how to create a page :drool:

garikr

Reaction score
If you look at your page source code you'll see the line <a href="">Affilliate</a>.
The href="www.yahoo.com" would take u to yahoo, the href="www.google.com" will take you to google. I think u get the idea... I would suggest looking at the code, taking each tag( <head>, <div>, <li> and so on) and looking it up online. Go to the www.w3schools.com/ there is a ton of information about anything pertaining to do with html, css and such.
If you are really a rookie, get a beginner's book on web pages. You'll get a general idea. After that, there's more information on the internet about web technologies than on any other subject. If you got time it won't take u long to become proficient, otherwise, just pay somebody to do it. Good luck.

remnightfal

Reaction score
If you look at your page source code you'll see the line <a href="">Affilliate</a>.
The href="www.yahoo.com" would take u to yahoo, the href="www.google.com" will take you to google. I think u get the idea... I would suggest looking at the code, taking each tag( <head>, <div>, <li> and so on) and looking it up online. Go to the www.w3schools.com/ there is a ton of information about anything pertaining to do with html, css and such.
If you are really a rookie, get a beginner's book on web pages. You'll get a general idea. After that, there's more information on the internet about web technologies than on any other subject. If you got time it won't take u long to become proficient, otherwise, just pay somebody to do it. Good luck.

ya ya ya ya i knew that. I mean like how do i make it so I can create a new page for my site, like chat, i wanna make a chat page so members can chat in it, but i dont want to have it on the front page. I want it in the side bar so one people click on chat it will direct them to the part of the site that has the Chatbox in it:dunno:

garikr

Reaction score
I don't know what kind of service you get from x10hostig, but if u have a free hosting, I'm pretty sure there is a line in your agreement stating that u can't host chats. Probbly have something to do with the traffic. But if you really want to make a chat, or anything else, look it up. Look it up. Here, I've said it again. I don't know how many times ppl said this, but be more specific with your questions. If I wanted to build a car, and you knew how to do this, what would u tell me? There are so many things which go into building a good site, you could write a book loger than this entire forum. Most of the things are trivial, some are more advance, but still, u have to grub a thread somewhere to untie the knot. Ask specific questions. Even to yourself. Than you'll find what you'r looking for.
Good luck.

Last edited:

remnightfal

Reaction score
Ohkay here it goes

I want to make it so that one someone clicks on a link on my site, It goes to a differnt page that i created for the site, thats as descriptive as i can say

garikr

Reaction score
<a href="something.html">link to something.html</a>. replace something.html with the address of your new page and 'link to something.html' with the description of a link ppl will click on. Keep on asking :)

remnightfal

Reaction score
gah bah do be da do poo da she na do re hahh ****kkkkk:rant2:

Ohkay i mean a part of the site, not a part of a differnt site, its complicated :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

garikr

Reaction score
ok, so let's say your main page is called index.html. You make a new page called "affiliate.html", you upload it to the same derectory as you index.html. Then the address of your new page is http://bluehedgehog.pcriot.com/affiliate.html.
So in your main page you put a link
HTML:
<a href="http://bluehedgehog.pcriot.com/affiliate.html">Affiliate</a>
or simpler
HTML:
<a href="affiliate.html">Affiliate</a>

idontkno

Reaction score
Go to cPanel
Click 'File Manager'
Click 'New File'
Type in 'affiliate.html'

remnightfal

Reaction score
ok, so let's say your main page is called index.html. You make a new page called "affiliate.html", you upload it to the same derectory as you index.html. Then the address of your new page is http://bluehedgehog.pcriot.com/affiliate.html.
So in your main page you put a link
HTML:
<a href="http://bluehedgehog.pcriot.com/affiliate.html">Affiliate</a>
or simpler
HTML:
<a href="affiliate.html">Affiliate</a>
THANK YOU! OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: