Firefox users: Do you like the new Tab behavior in v 3.6?

Do you like the new Tab behavior in Firefox 3.6?

• Yes, I like keeping new Tabs together

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No, I like it the way it was before

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I really don’t care

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

gomarc

Reaction score
If you are a fan user of the Firefox browser, you may have notice that since version 3.6, when you open a new Tab from a link, they appear next to the current tab and not to the right of the last tab as it was up to version 3.5.

The idea is to keep similar Tabs together and this poll is about that, do you like this change?

I honestly don’t like it that much so I changed this behavior to the way it used to be.

Here’s how:

In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
Search for: browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent.
Double click in the value so it changes to False.

More information can be found here: support.mozilla.com

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are a fan user of the Firefox browser, you may have notice that since version 3.6, when you open a new Tab from a link, they appear next to the current tab and not to the right of the last tab as it was up to version 3.5.

The idea is to keep similar Tabs together and this poll is about that, do you like this change?

I honestly don’t like it that much so I changed this behavior to the way it used to be.

Here’s how:

In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
Search for: browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent.
Double click in the value so it changes to False.

More information can be found here: support.mozilla.com

I am currenly using FF 3.5 so I don`t know about this...
I am planing to upgrade.. then will see what is the difference ;)

miguelkp

Reaction score
I like the new behaviour. However, I'm not adapted to it yet and I clic the wrong tab sometimes XD

Last edited:

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I'm neutral on this. Sometimes it's great, as I like to keep related tabs together. Other times it's annoying. So I've left it at the default for now.

joejv4

Reaction score
it doesn't really matter to me. It will take a little readjustment so that I click on the right tab, only because I'm used to the old behavior, but I give it a week or two and it will seem like second nature.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I had to get used to the new behavior of the tabs at first but I do like the way it works. Helps to keep things organized when I'm researching things.

garikr

Reaction score
This is a bit off topic, but I think Chrome and IE are the best browsers ( too bad there's no IE for Linux). That's because after you turn off all the unnecessary toolbars, u get the greatest viewing area. So as soon as Firefox get their navigation/options/address bars to half the size that they are, I'll start using it again.
this->hates_custom_toolbars. :)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't like this kind of behavior cos I'm used to a previous one. That's why I use Opera. In Opera you can choose the way your tabs work.

Let users decide, that's the best way.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
It's the same behaviour as IE. It makes sense.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
This is a bit off topic, but I think Chrome and IE are the best browsers ( too bad there's no IE for Linux). That's because after you turn off all the unnecessary toolbars, u get the greatest viewing area. So as soon as Firefox get their navigation/options/address bars to half the size that they are, I'll start using it again.
this->hates_custom_toolbars. :)

Moot point if you have a large monitor. Also, see this.

garikr

Reaction score
To: alexandgruntz, Large monitor does not necessarily mean larger resolution. Plus most of the monitors are widescreen now, so adding more useless junk to the top, does not help a bit. That's why Chrome and IE rulezzzz. Plus Opera got some issues with resizing, and it looks goofy, and it's name is 'opera'. That's just my oppinion :)

edyel190

Reaction score
the news tabs are pretty cool and it helps a lot giving us a better navigation.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes I don't like it because I often don't pay attention to the position of the tab I am on, which makes it difficult. But it does make more logical sense and I am sure I will like it better when I get used to it.