Mail not working on chopin!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesod

Reaction score
Hi, I am unable to send mails from various mail clients and even from the web mail software in Cpanel.

I Can receive just not send mail, it's been like this for a few days now, really p*****g me off.

When sending mail through the clients it just hangs on send/receive for hours

Last edited:

smartflight

Reaction score
I have already a thread open for the same issue. You could have checked and responded there if you wanted to!
Anyway..the problem might have been reported by now!

jamesod

Reaction score
hi, thanks for the input, I had already checked other threads and even added to one that looked to be the same problem but then someone slammed me for doing so,

By: leafypiggy Jamesod: open your own thread, don't hijack other threads.

But if you check the thread I added to it sure does sound like the same problem apart from the spam part.
hence the new thread.

jamesod

Reaction score
just a quick update, outlook has just started throwing this at me

Send message: The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

all the settings are correct I've checked them several times over, and even the software in Cpanel is having problems.

smartflight

Reaction score
All we can do is wait, buddy.
Some admin must have seen these threads popping up and must be working on it!

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
A quick solution for all who have problem with mail
Found a solution!!! Try using smtp through gmail (making an account of course!) instead of x10hosting!

jamesod

Reaction score
would using gmail smtp not change the address the email came from ??

smartflight

Reaction score
Yes it would.
But your email content would have a link to your forum, so your users will know. ;)

jamesod

Reaction score
Hi, just had outlook shed some light on this for me.
It's now letting me send messages after warning me about the certificate in use on the server
but all most all messages I send are bounced or not received at all.

jamesod

Reaction score
ok found a quick and cost effective solution, Buy a domain, Host your own server at home, Use BIND, register the name servers with your registrar.
Have no account limits, do what you want, when theres an error you can fix it as quick as you want.

Just done all of the above, just waiting for my registrar to set up my name servers.

For those of you with slow internet or usage restriction, or don't like the power bills use x10 haha,

ok jokes aside, after outlook gave an error about a certificate emails came back like this,

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

jayupo@hotmail.co.uk
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<james@jayodesign.co.uk> SIZE=6255:
host mx4.hotmail.com [65.55.92.184]: 550 OU-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support

Could it be something to do with the certificate error I got ???

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
ok found a quick and cost effective solution, Buy a domain, Host your own server at home, Use BIND, register the name servers with your registrar.
Have no account limits, do what you want, when theres an error you can fix it as quick as you want.

Just done all of the above, just waiting for my registrar to set up my name servers.

For those of you with slow internet or usage restriction, or don't like the power bills use x10 haha,

ok jokes aside, after outlook gave an error about a certificate emails came back like this,

Could it be something to do with the certificate error I got ???

As This problem is not with free hosting Account. So we can`t help you.

I think you should post this in http://x10hosting.com/forums/programming-help/

ah-blabla

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering why email is down: exim (the mail transfer agent) on chopin is down, meaning most email functions are down (pop is still up though, explaining why you can access the mail already on the server). The question is: is this likely to be solved soon, since I have some emails needing sending?

jamesod

Reaction score
thanks for telling me about that haha, but some mail is getting out then just bouncing (probs because of the certificate).

and the problem is with free hosting hence me setting up my own mail server for the interim.

thanks anyway

ah-blabla

Reaction score
OK, does anyone know when email is going to be back up on chopin? I think it's been down for well over a day now.

jamesod

Reaction score
I've just been using other methods of sending my mail, would be nice of course if this could be fixed soon.

malawk

Reaction score
Hi coud all this be related to this message I got on Sunday on my inbox after sending someone a message. I haven't been able to send/receive any email on Chopin since then... What is the CBL anyway?? (see bold)

Thanks
Andrew

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

commsweb@omf.org.uk
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<commsweb@omf.org.uk>:
host mx0.dircon.net [195.157.7.77]: 554 Service unavailable; [74.63.233.26] blocked using cbl.abuseat.org, reason:
Blocked - see http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=74.63.233.26

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
etc

ah-blabla

Reaction score
http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=74.63.233.26 states that the server has been blacklisted because of infection by a spam bot. I wouldn't be surprised if the admins have therefore disabled mail on chopin to solve the problem (and haven't told us to avoid embarassment and chaos with panicked users?).

Anyway, I have switched to google apps, meaning I should now have pretty reliable email, albeit with google's control over it. Oh well, compromises need to be made...

jamesod

Reaction score
thats a good theory, sounds possible.
The server was getting blacklisted every other day so I agree with that.

I think they should at least tell us whats going on and when they might have it fixed.

Anothe theory is that it might be a certificate issue,

Status
Not open for further replies.