Veteran web site developer - starting over on the cheap!

wally

Reaction score
Hey all,

My name is Jerry and I'm kind or starting this whole web site thing over again. Back in 1999, I developed a web site called Web-EE. It was a site that targeted electrical engineers. I slowly added content and advertising clients. THAT was educational: lots of scripts, a pretty template, stylesheets, Frontpage extensions, and so on. At it's peak, I was making about 1800/month. Then one day out of the blue, a publishing company called and expressed an interest in it. After about a month we negotiated a deal and the the site was sold. So, became a dot-com thousandaire! All of this happened before the economy tanked. Since then, advertising revenue has declined dramatically and the company that purchased my site has just emerged from Chapter 11.

Lately I've been wanting to build a site just for myself - something that has pages that address my interest and hobbies. I didn't want to spend money on hosting fees (and trust me, I've spent a lot over the years with three different hosting companies) and that is why I'm here.

Looking forward to getting back,

Jerry

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy, Jerry, and welcome to x10hosting.
Good luck with your new website.
X10hosting has great free hosting, (as well as inexpensive premium plans), and you will find lot's of great people here willing and able to assist you with any questions or concerns you have.
Cheap is good!
Free is even better - especially when you find a quality free host with excellent support.:cool: