New Gaming Rig

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
Good Good
happy.png
unfortunately as others have said in this forum using new technologies can have its problems-and sometimes not be worth it..BUT and its a big but, if people didn't buy these things in the early stages, the development of the technology would have most certainly stopped (and at the end of the day ssd is actually better
wtf.png
)
Yep. My SSD is working pretty well too. Everything's pretty fast.

i think u should atleast go for 64gb ssd
It's too expensive plus I don't really think I need that much.

i just dont see the need for SSD yet, i mean yeah its cool watching windows boot from pressing the button to loading the start menu in 6 seconds and all, but its more a novelty effect at this point as SSD is too expensive to be used effectively.

cant think of more then a handful of applications that would seriously benefit from the performance boost.

oh and @Grandcruiser, you have 1000w cause you want room to grow? your not going to get near 800w unless your planning on SLIing your gfx lol
I honestly wasn't going to get a SSD at first, but I saw a deal on Newegg that I couldn't refuse. I would've gone with a WD Raptor otherwise.

I'm planning to overclock as well as putting in SLI later. Future cards might pull more wattage as well. I probably could have settled with a lower Corsair one, but I think this one is fine.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
only cost about $1,600
Only $1,600... Sounds like a bargain... :p
I would love to be able to spend that sort of money on a computer, but for me $1600 is a lot of money.

The air coming of my case's exhaust fan is cooler than the GTX 480's exhaust.
I thought I would be, all the reviews I read have said that the GTX 480 could be used to fry your breakfast... You'll definitely need to watercool them if you want SLI or a good overclock.

How about a few pics/benchmark results?

krofunk

Reaction score
£1080.75 ...It is a lot of money however a machine of similar spec from a retailer would have a silly price tag. and yes some pictures/bench marks would be great
happy.png

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
Benchmarks

HDDs
OCZ Vertex 32 GB
oczssd.jpg

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB
wdcaviarblack1tb.jpg

CPU
SuperPi
superpie.jpg

WinRAR
winrarb.jpg

Misc.
CineBench R11.5
cinebenchr115.jpg

Last edited:

krofunk

Reaction score
sorry Grandcruiser I am hitting a 404 on those images, can anyone else access them?

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
I've updated the post to just display the images instead. I'll post up some actual pics of it soon.

krofunk

Reaction score
well the benchmarks seem very impressive * congrats * there is a noticeable difference between the solid state drive and the WD caviar...which is good to see :p

wongers

Reaction score
Yep. My SSD is working pretty well too. Everything's pretty fast.

It's too expensive plus I don't really think I need that much.

I honestly wasn't going to get a SSD at first, but I saw a deal on Newegg that I couldn't refuse. I would've gone with a WD Raptor otherwise.

I'm planning to overclock as well as putting in SLI later. Future cards might pull more wattage as well. I probably could have settled with a lower Corsair one, but I think this one is fine.

ahhh if you got a good deal on the SSD then i cant fault you, when i first saw them my initial reaction was "ooo shiney, i want one!!" then thought about it logically, but if you got it on a deal then why not ;-)

and if your planning on SLI-ing and future proofing then i guess 1000w is a sure winner, altho i still think 800w would have surficed :p

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
well the benchmarks seem very impressive * congrats * there is a noticeable difference between the solid state drive and the WD caviar...which is good to see :p

Thanks. :)

ahhh if you got a good deal on the SSD then i cant fault you, when i first saw them my initial reaction was "ooo shiney, i want one!!" then thought about it logically, but if you got it on a deal then why not ;-)

and if your planning on SLI-ing and future proofing then i guess 1000w is a sure winner, altho i still think 800w would have surficed :p

Oh well. I can't go back now. :p