AtaArticles.com

ata.online

Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed over the last couple of weeks my site:

http://www.ataarticles.com/

...has gained a huge jump in Alexa ranking from 20,000 to now 2,809,669!
Yesterday, it was just over 5,000,000 and overnight it reduces to 2,809,669. I found this rather surprising considering this a fairly brand new domain just purchased a few weeks ago.

I know backlinks and content seems to play a major part.

Anyway, i am open for any constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement.

Thanks.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks quite good, although you're padding on the left and right could be a bit larger as the content is currently almost running right up to the edge (see screenshot).
Also, you do know that a jump from 20,000 to 2,809,669 is a huge jump downhill, right? A lower number is better, hence why Google is #1.
All I am left wondering is how you got 75000 articles in a few weeks?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-05-25 at 11.35.21.png
    Screen shot 2010-05-25 at 11.35.21.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 36

ata.online

Reaction score
It looks quite good, although you're padding on the left and right could be a bit larger as the content is currently almost running right up to the edge (see screenshot).
Also, you do know that a jump from 20,000 to 2,809,669 is a huge jump downhill, right? A lower number is better, hence why Google is #1.
All I am left wondering is how you got 75000 articles in a few weeks?

Hi, thanks for your comments. Yes, i know the padding on the left and right could be larger but the article directory was a wp plugin. Also, i could change the background colour to white again and that would sort the problem out. Another way is to go into editor and change some numbers/html which is a bit risky for me considering i may mess things up

The screenshot you provided does not seem to work. Not sure if it is due to firefox browser which i am using or javascript not enabled.

I actually purchased the site from flippa with articles already added and domain name is brand new.

When you said:

Also, you do know that a jump from 20,000 to 2,809,669 is a huge jump downhill, right?

I was slightly confused until i read your next sentence.
With Alexa Rank downhill means 'uphill' in SEO term, i guess.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ata.online

Reaction score
If anyone knows how to increase width of both left/right padding of website as mentioned above and what code i need to look for, please let me know.

Thanks.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Give me a few and I'm sure I can figure it out, assuming the style is controleds by css :D

Ok, in the stylesheet, styles.css, find this code:

Code:
#container {
	width: 100%;
	background: url(i/dots.gif) 550px 0 repeat-y;
	margin-bottom: 10px;
}

And replace with:
Code:
#container {
	padding: 0 8px;
}

The line: padding: 0 8px; is added, and the value 10px can be what you think looks good.
This should do the trick, remember though I only took a very quick look at the code.

Last edited:

ata.online

Reaction score
Give me a few and I'm sure I can figure it out, assuming the style is controleds by css :D

Ok, in the stylesheet, styles.css, find this code:

Code:
#container {
}

And replace with:
Code:
#container {
	padding: 0 8px;
}

The line: padding: 0 8px; is added, and the value 10px can be what you think looks good.
This should do the trick, remember though I only took a very quick look at the code.

Hi, I embedded the padding code you suggested but it seems to have narrowed it more than before. The text overlaps onto the green background.
You can check now before i resume back to the original code
By the way, what do you mean by: controleds by css

Thanks.

Last edited:

ata.online

Reaction score
Ok, i have removed the padding code and it is back to original settings.
Anyway, thanks for trying to help .

:cool:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
What Anna suggested should have worked. It not working suggests there are some odd CSS tricks being used in the template.