Review my site please

inserach

Reaction score
www.fabled-kinship.co.uk did this for my kinship on lotro, just completed it.

used phpbb3, a great bit of software for forums and codfaction style, really easy to setup. never used either before, never mind never using php or a mysql server.

Have a look

Medora

Reaction score
Hi.

Unfortunately, I receive a "General Error" when I attempt to view your site. Is anything wrong?

Regards,

Kevin

stardom

Reaction score
everything is working fine for it for me, i views in FF and Chrome. So idk?

inserach

Reaction score
Hi.

Unfortunately, I receive a "General Error" when I attempt to view your site. Is anything wrong?

Regards,

Kevin

I have tested it with IE8 and Firefox 3.6.3. 10 from my kinship registered on the site too. can't see where an error can come from

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Having music (or other sound) start automatically on page load is a bad idea IMHO. I realize that you have on / off buttons at the top of the page, but some visitors are going to find that annoying. I actually enjoyed listening to the music, but suppose somebody had just put two infant children to sleep and then clicked on your website. I find the small fonts difficult to read on the dark background. You may want to consider either changing the size of the fonts, changing the color of the fonts, or both.

Medora

Reaction score
This time, the website loaded fine for me. Whatever caused the error, it is no more. Anyways, one of the first things I noticed was your navigation bar, which I like because you've kept it down to only a few items. However, though I can see how "Home" and "Register" may be of use to guests, I was wondering if you might benefit from replacing "Search," which would primarily (if not entirely) be of interest to members, and link, say, your rules topic, or a faq, or some other topic that gives information about your forum. Maybe even an articles page with featured content from your forum?

relisys

Reaction score
Nice site, works in chrome nicely. love the music that plays... what i nice touch.

death180

Reaction score
I absolutely hate music on websites/forums... You had a pretty nice site until the music started..
Take the music out.

I am not too big of a fan of that theme, and i really don't like that authors work either.. And the music just made it horrible.

Medora

Reaction score
Ah. I didn't notice the music before since I was using a Firefox add-on that blocks scripts. Anyways, though I don't much mind it, I believe you should have it off by default since it's likely to annoy more people than not, even people who would be into that sort of music.

cheezo

Reaction score
you only got few members there. but the site is good. dyou provide users to change their forum skin?
i suggest you chose another music that you think almost all will like..

inserach

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback; I’ve turned the music off now. The default skin is codfaction but there is also other skin’s to choose from. Phpbb3 is very customisable. I've made a few changes to the codfaction style, new banner and few links. Hardest thing for me was putting a flash file (music player) into php and the phpbb code. Took me a while but I got there. The experience gained was good.
I was quite surprised about the number of people not liking music on by default. That was the purpose of reviewing my site so thank you.