Take a screenshot of a client browser

kbjradmin

Reaction score
hello all,
i am working on a webpage and i need to be able to take a screenshot of the client's browser window (or at least a portion of it). from my searching i have found that this cannot be done in JavaScript, but that it may be able to be done using Java. i honestly know nothing about Java and don't even know where to start with this. if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

taha116

Reaction score
wait, u want your site 2 take a screenshot of the browser window of your visiotors?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think that would be possible unless you had your clients install a program that takes screenshots for you.

taha116

Reaction score
Well to be honest im really not sure, I know that prnt screen takes a screenshot of your own screen and alt + prnt screen takes a screenshot of the selected window.

Thats all i really know I am not sure how to make what u want possible although i am sure that it is. Maybe u shld offer a couple hundred credits 2 encourage som1 to help.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
What you want to do isn't possible through Javascript and I don't think it would be through Java either.
For what reason do you need screenshots of your users' browsers anyway?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Imagine if a Java applet could do that. Massive security hole.

Regular application, no problem. But not from a web page.

kbjradmin

Reaction score
alright, i have a javascript "application" that allows the user to add new elements, move them around, and create a design. when they are finished, they need to be able to submit their design. i considered maybe json encoding the information i need about the elements and uploading that, i just figured that a screenshot would be easier.