MyDomain Email Address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

julianamesa63

Reaction score
Hello,

About a week ago I bought my domain at register.com. I have done the DNS changes to point it to x10hosting and it works perfectly fine. The only problem I have is that I would like to know if it's possible to have the email address I had when I bought my domain, which is julianamesa.com.

This is the message I got when I changed the DNS names in register.com.

Register.com's Email Services

If you choose to no longer use Register.com's DNS Servers, then you must contact the DNS Server Administrators of the ISP or Web hosting company that manages your account's DNS Servers. They will be required to change your MX record and CNAME (Alias) entries in order for you to use Register.com's email services.

Below are the settings necessary to use Register.com's email services. Please copy this information for your reference before continuing:

In CNAME (Alias):
mail.julianamesa.com points to webmail.register.com

In MX:
julianamesa.com points to mxmail.register.com
Priority: High

What should I do? I've looked all over the place to see if there are any threads like this but wasn't successful. I tried looking around where it says DNS editor but I'm totally new to this and wasn't able to figure it out.

Thanks for your help and for existing!

Juliana

mattblog

Reaction score
You can create your own email adresses in the cpanel of x10hosting. Do want to host your email on their servers? Is that what you are trying to accomplish. You will then be able to access your mail through your cpanel. If you are trying to host your mail on their servers then this is not the case. At that point, im not sure if you are able to host on their servers if you are pointing your dns over here.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
You have to change the name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com then go into your cPanel and Park the domain and from the cPanel you can make jmesa@julianmesa.com

julianamesa63

Reaction score
Hmmm I've already done that.... I created the email in my cpanel... @julianamesa.com.... it doesn't work though... What I understand is that I need some kind of authorization to do this:
If you choose to no longer use Register.com's DNS Servers, then you must contact the DNS Server Administrators of the ISP or Web hosting company that manages your account's DNS Servers. They will be required to change your MX record and CNAME (Alias) entries in order for you to use Register.com's email services.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to your email accounts section in your cPanel and create the email use the dropdown to select the domain.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you need to check your email or does the emails not work?

julianamesa63

Reaction score
I does not work. I cannot receive emails. I Just tried sending one and it worked

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
So what is the problem? By the way where are you trying to access the mail?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to you cPanel go to the MX records section what does it say?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Do

Priority: 0
Destination: julianamesa.com

and remove the mxmai..register.com

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score