Uninstalling Joomla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doan

Reaction score
When I uninstall it, it doesn't complete clear their files so I can't install another program, how can I fix this?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you install it using Fantastico/Softaculous or manually?

If you installed it using an autoinstaller, did you use its built in uninstall function?

And when you try to manually delete the files, are you receiving an error message?

Doan

Reaction score
i used the uninstall built in, and it says i have blank blank blank still in my home page, so i go and manually delete.

it says i deleted it, but then when i look back, it reappears

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Can you please list the files and folders that should be removed?

Doan

Reaction score
Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain thearts.elementfx.com (path="/home/artsy/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
administrator
cache
components
images
includes
language
libraries
logs
media
modules
plugins
templates
tmp
xmlrpc

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors <== that didnt work

And when i Tried to delete:
2d1ppuh.jpg

and, What is this madness =.=

rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/tmp': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/administrator': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/xmlrpc': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/templates': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/libraries': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/cache': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/images': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/plugins': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/media': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/language': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/logs': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/includes': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/components': Permission denied
rm: cannot chdir from `.' to `/home/artsy/public_html/modules': Permission denied

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Is this going to happen every time someone tries to remove a Softaculous installed script?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

These folders should be gone now. Also your hosting account is linked with forums username "daviddoan56". so please use that forums account for support.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Since Your problem is resolved Now. I am going to close this thread to mark it as resolved. Feel free to create a new thread if you need more help.
***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.