Domain for my new website

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I had a very nice idea/theme for my new website.

I'm going to make a website where me and my friends will provide information about frequently used words which are used during chat in India. Now I'm going to work seriously on this project.

so first I want to know what should be the url of my site.

chatenglish.in
chatenglish.co.in
chatlanguage.in
chatlanguage.co.in
chatindia.co.in

or any other??

besides, what you think, whether I should directly purchase VPS or should start with free or premium hosting? I don't have any experience with VPS.

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
If it is for India only then, baatcheet.in or baatcheet.co.in is not bad.From your list I will pick chatindia.in.

If it is a chat site then I will say go for premium hosting in initial phase(untill you don't get enough traffic) and then upgrade to VPS, because chat scripts eats mysql resources, so it will be hard for you to live in a shared environment.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've edited the original post now. I'm not going to make a chat site. And it is basically for India. It is for India because India is the only country I think where there is so many languages prevalent. Punjabi, And language of Mumbai and bihar are very popular and I myself google 10 times a day while chat to know meanings of different words. Besides, English is also there. For example some people use "I'ma" or something similar during chat. I think it is for "I'm going to".

thanks for your suggestion but people don't Google in Hindi and so I will be in disadvantage.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't need VPS, I don't get why people are recommending it to people who just want a website. You just need normal premium hosting.

I think chatindia.co.in :)

~Callum

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
okay, one question. Is co.in a primary domain? Is it possible that adsense will reject it, as they do with .co.cc.

Last edited:

tittbit12

Banned
Reaction score
yes, .co.in is a primary, and adsense will not reject it, by da way there must be another reason of rejecting you .co.cc domain bcoz mine was accepted

phoenixreviews

Reaction score
If it's just for India, out of your list I'd suggest chatindia.co.in. But for Google, and promotional purposes chatlanguage.in is a lot cleaner and more professional sounding. Just depends on how you're likely to be promoting the site in the future.
Personally I'd choose chatlanguage.in.