Reviw My New Site

Sohail

Reaction score
Won't make this long, let me know what you all think of my portfolio http://sohailtech.com/ along with a rating out of 10. Feedback greatly helps in improving ones work.

Thanks.

magicz9412

Reaction score
I'd say about 8/10, it looks pretty good, and gets straight to the point of what you do.

but i haven't seen a website of people offering there coding services before, so i wouldn't know how to compare it properly:p

symael96

Reaction score
I'd say 9/10 :) Just a little mistake:

grpahics.png

conzone

Reaction score
8.5/10 I like it overall however in "about" too much black and white text, splash a bit of colour on the headers.
At the moment looks like someone with an art design degree had a hand in it.

"Blog" "new year" is normally New Year as important event.

Kudos for doing "FindABreaker"

Sohail

Reaction score
simael96 thanks for pointing that out, as you can see i barely find the time to even review my own site so it's great to have the feedback of others, that mistake has now been corrected. conzone, thanks for your comment, I do believe that I will need to add in more images and banners and that's something that I plan to implement in some time after the new year and thanks everyone for pointing out any small mistakes which I have made, I will need to start double checking what I write as I am usually in a rush when typing things up as I am now..

Again thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
"New Year" would be January 1 (the day); "new year" would be the entirety of the thing (the year that isn't the old year). I happen to like the About page as it stands -- using colour for its own sake is a lot like using Comic Sans -- my only quibble would be with the verticle scroll bar on the Illustrator screenshot segment (it looks active, and users will tend to try to scroll it). I'd add a bit more delay before the overlay on the front page animation, though. Since you're obliterating the right-hand side of the page views and users will scan the page views left-to-right, you're hiding something they won't have had a good chance to see yet.