Searching for Validity of Suspension reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

satbir

Reaction score
Hi - My account got suspended again this month with reason High Resource utilization. Bandwidth charts do not show that there is high utlization - in fact there is very less utilization.

I had similar problem last year. Please see thread http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/136832-suspension-search-validity-reason.html

At that time also I did all things as suggested but still it was suspended. However after sometime it stopped getting suspended. However after month this has started again eventhough I have not added any new widget etc.

Can someone please help....

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
HRU suspensions are caused by high CPU or memory usage. WordPress is a known CPU hog; even with very few plug-ins installed, it experiences CPU usage spikes. A caching plug-in may help. Troubleshooting WP and figuring out which combination of plug-ins is stable is a difficult task, due to the erratic nature of incoming requests and WP's execution.

Last edited:

satbir

Reaction score
Thanx Mission for the reply but for last three months things were smooth and I have not changed anything on the site so wondering what is going wrong. Also seeing the list of suspension on the forum, it looks like something is not that right. In the end we should allow to run a basic Wordpress site normally.

btw my site is again suspended and am unable to unsuspend as here it is not allowing to see the suspension page with commemnt that site is blocked as it is Anonymiser site.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I had un suspended your account

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanx Mission for the reply but for last three months things were smooth and I have not changed anything on the site so wondering what is going wrong.
Note the graphs in Jeff Atwood's article. Resource usage by WP is not a constant; it depends on many factors independent of anything you do (or don't do) with your site.

Also seeing the list of suspension on the forum, it looks like something is not that right.
Which suspensions are you referring to? The increase I've seen have been automated suspensions made by the malware scanner (lwscanner).

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
@misson: there has been an increase in the # of automated HRU suspensions lately as well, however a quick glance at most turned up a few caching plugins among other known high-resource plugins.

The other part I've noticed is quite a few are on chopin which still has the mysql issue we're debugging, so it might actually be a sub result of this - bad error checking so it maxes out the CPU when it can't get to mysql for instance. Not 100% sure, just guessing, especially if it's a poorly coded plugin to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.