is google AdSense worth it?...

vrufusx65v

Reaction score
I would like to get some ads ready to go for my site. so i'm browsing and looking around and i came across Google AdSense. Google says it's free and i get paid for it? it sounds too good to be true...

What are some other options besides AdSense that are free. Like x10 Exchange...

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Whether or not it is 'too good' really depends upon how much you value the design of your site, as almost any adverts will always detract from your content and at the top end can really ruin a site. I personally don't see myself using ads on any major part of my site in the near future.
Anyway, Google adsense is indeed free and, depending upon how many you have on your page and the frequency of views and click-throughs, Google will pay you back. Note however that Google is very strict when it comes to compliance, so i you start clicking your own ads to try to increase your profit they will inevitably notice and withdraw all funds, which also leads onto my next point. Google also requires that you earn a certain amount before they will make a payout, if I remember correctly this is around $50, so if Google even thinks your utilising 'click fraud' then you may end up with nothing.

vrufusx65v

Reaction score
Great. Good to know, i was just wandering around google and found "free ads here" and all that jazz. So i just wanted to know if I had to pay anything at all for the service.

I do understand that having ads on a site would definitely cause distractions towards the content of my site. That's why I have my site setup the way it is. With ads within the footer. I know many people disregard the footer for most sites, but i just want to be able to have a tiny way of receiving some sort of money. Plus AdSense can only help me if people click on it, so why not...

Last edited:

darzamora

Reaction score
I would like to get some ads ready to go for my site. so i'm browsing and looking around and i came across Google AdSense. Google says it's free and i get paid for it? it sounds too good to be true...

What are some other options besides AdSense that are free. Like x10 Exchange...

you can also register for adbrite

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Google adsense is not too good to be true...I don't know any other organizations offering what google adsense offers...

I think the amount of money you get paid is GREAT per click...

I have 1 on the footer and one on the left hand side for one of my sites...from a click I get .58 cents That's 100 clicks min a month and a 58$ check mailed to me a month.....or around that, they change how much a click pays me whenever they feel like it but I'm fine with that...it pays for my premium x10hosting account :) and I did nothing to get that money except keep the ad on my page.

vol7ron

Reaction score
The better your traffic, the worse it is. Google is notorious for freezing accounts and not paying out.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If the traffic is legit , then AdSense is probably the best you got on the table.

paint2010

Reaction score
If only Google Adsense could accept Paypal. Oh well. Anyway, Google Adsense is one of the best out there. Unless the ad's being clicked in a suspicious manner, Google shouldn't pick it up as a problem. I made $4 in a week or two, which isn't that bad. I stopped with it for now, though. I'm using Bidvertiser as an alternative.

krunalp4199391

Reaction score
i have used adbrite.............

IT is good........ but not very good.....

it pays after 3 months..........

Very big duration..................
:(

rajdeep01

Banned
Reaction score
adsense monetizes your current traffic, it will not add traffic, it may in fact deter traffic.If you are looking to pay for ads and recieve traffic then you need Adwords (also run by google)

affiliatecrunch

Reaction score
If you got a lot of seo traffic, then well it's good. If not try Cost Per Action Networks like Peerfly. It may and may not work with your existing traffic.

jayanta1

Banned
Reaction score
[h=1]The problem with AdSense is that you have no control over what is displayed. The ads are displayed based on the keywords on your page. For example if you have blog post about planting herbs in your garden then ads about herbs will display on that page. That ad that links to a product may not be a product you like, it may be a horrible product – but you have no control over it. Yeah, AdSense is not good for useless and low quality sites.[/h]