computer configuration

amitabhverma851

Reaction score
hello friend

i wanted to ask what is best configuration for professional 3d design and graphics design for pc. and why ?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Best PC configuration? It depends on what you're looking to get into specifically, whether it's video game design or simply logo/banner design, but you should definitely look at systems made to run resource-heavy applications, such as Gaming PCs. You're basically looking at something with a High Clock Quad core CPU, 6+GB of RAM, dedicated video cards, and fast spinning SATA disks/RAID arrays.

It depends specifically what is needed, but it never hurts to go higher in specs than what is needed for the job. I've told people that they never really know how much they'll need, and overall in the long run, it's cheaper to go the more expensive route (as in, get very fast hardware off the bat) and then upgrade, rather than to cheap out and have to deal with upgrading in the future.

amitabhverma851

Reaction score
i heard that professional series graphics card like the quadro series and the fire gl pro series are good for 3d animation and design work but not good for gaming why is that.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hello friend

i wanted to ask what is best configuration for professional 3d design and graphics design for pc. and why ?
Go for Intel i5 with any 2 GB graphic card.
3d Max works fine with above configuration.

stardom

Reaction score
like vv.bbcc19 said. Also Windows 7 (64bit) so you can maximize your amount of ram (go for DDR3). Get a motherboard with at least 4 DIMM slots.

krofunk

Reaction score
Get a Mac.

Ha! True. It is a lie to say that a PC cannot be used for design but there is an issue with choice (spec, brand etc). A mac on the other hand (any modern one) will do the job with no questions asked. This is great because you know there won't be any compatibility issues with design software etc.

I wasn't happy when I found out Maya wasn't compatible with my nvidia 9x card because I run 64bit copy of windows - it will however run on any modern mac no problem.