Some questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
Hello,

i have a freewebhosting now.
But wanna enter my own domain so i need only the nameservers of x10.?
Than why i dont get any ftp accounts etc..

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are registering your domain with an X10 account, you must provide X10's free nameservers: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com All X10hosting free accounts come with FTP users, so I'm not understanding your question.

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
yES, MOSTLY YOU GET FROM THE MAIL
FTP INFO
ABOUT SERVER, USERNAME, PASWORD ?
Here i dident recive anything like that?

What am i doing wrong than ??

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
thanks for it, it was better if this was sended in PM and not showed off here for everybody

+ its says everytime connection failed, have entered a new PW ??

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't have PM access yet. And no one can do anything with any of that information anyway. If you need to see the info again, let me know and I'll give it to you over IRC.

Last edited:

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
Cant log-in,,

its says connection failed,, everytime.
I HAD EVERYTHING GOOD LIKE USER, PW ETC..

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
thanks it works now..
Finaly i can begin using my free hosting.
And if it is good and not down-time and quik-ftp-upload i will go to over vps.. its nice this one..

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Great! Glad I could help you today. VPSes are hard, because you have to fix every little problem yourself, even though the support staff are able to assist you in most cases. I have an X10VPS myself, and I've been very pleased with it. I highly recommend getting a CPanel VPS because it makes things so much easier for people who just want the VPS to work without worrying about every single little thing. Anyway, enjoy your free hosting! Feel free to ask questions any time!

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
Like other hosting- company's
When i try to upload a forum like my own vbulletin board.
Everytime i get a delaid of some seconds, or minutes here to.
Is it fixable or not. Because i want to run a good forum with-out problems etc..

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The loading speed of a page is dependent on many factors. 1) the efficiency of the software. 2) the power of the server. 3) external influences like banner ads. 4) your internet connection and ISP. As far as I can tell, X10's forums slow down because the site generating the banner ad is slow. I don't have access to that sort of information, so that's just my best guess. VBulletin is very pricey, but also very highly optimized. If you don't buy it, your installation will be found and your account will be terminated.

My VPS loads my software extremely quickly, which is Drupal. It's not a forum software, but it's like many other free software; it's a very mature project with tons of developers who know what they are doing.

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
My ISP provides 25MB/S DOWNLOAD AND 3.5MB/S UPLOAD SPEED.
I AM LIVING IN THE NETHERLANDS,, YES I KNOW IT IS A LITTLE BIT EXPANSIVE BUT THE BEST FORUM-SOFTWARE I EVER HAD..

Are the servers of the boru (free) servers realy slow or what?
What can i do to make it better, who is the person who is about al the servers etc.
+ Where the servers located of x10 ?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
To give you an idea of relative speed on X10Hosting free and X10Hosting Premium or VPS:

There are THOUSANDS of users on each X10Hosting free server compared to X10Premium, which has somewhere in the range of 10-100 times less people and X10VPS with has probably in the realm of 10 users on each one, depending on the size of the packages each user has.

You can make X10Hosting free better by paying a small upgrade fee to Prime or Illuminated hosting, which offer mildly better performance. X10Premium starts at $3.95 a month, and it includes a free top-level domain for all 3 years when you sign up for 3 years. X10Premium is fully managed 99.9% uptime guaranteed. There really is no comparison between the two; X10Hosting Free and X10Hosting Premium are two separate worlds. X10VPS is a separate world from either those two, you get a designated piece of RAM, HDD, and CPU just for you; no one else can use it.

The X10Hosting servers are located in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
Oke thnaks, i will see it for that..
But i wll definetly go to vps because i know it its better than premium.
But less better than a dedicated server witch is all yours. Thats the reason why they are so expansive,,

Thanks for it, i will try it again to upload it. when it is slow again i will see if i am decide to stop or upgrade..

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds good! Just let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
One question what i must need.
And dont understood.

There says this on the freewebhosting page:
# UNMETERED Disk Space
# UNMETERED Bandwidth

Thats not right?
Because when you homepage/forum is overloaded by users etc.
The site will go slowly, or will be closed for a fuw hours right?

Whats the poitment of that than to say that?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Unmetered means X10 will not limit your disk usage or bandwidth usage, but we may cut you off if it is found that you are abusing the system. What happens if you have too many processes running, ie, too many users on your site at once, the system will put you in a suspension state. It's a warning that what you are doing is outside the scope of the plan you are on and you should either upgrade to try to limit your site from doing this again.

n.hasanovic51

Reaction score
But when i look at the premiumhosting, there says the same.
So you will get suspended again,. But if you site is running good about 100 or more people each day at the same time, you will be suspended for how many ??

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't see it speak anywhere about the max number of active processes. I believe this is unmetered, but I only deal with free hosting, so I'm only vaguely aware of the limits. 10 users at one time is deceptive. It means 10 people must within 1 second of each other (maybe less) load a page. It does not mean there can't be 100000000 people on your site at a time, it only means the number of concurrent page loads is limited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.