Solusvm console no longer working

csc2ya

Reaction score
Solusvm console no longer working (Resolved)

Since about 2 days ago, the console for my vps has stopped allowing connections.

I recieved a message saying that the ssh key had changed, and now it fails on password authentication, even after resetting the console password in Solusvm.

I've also tried via ssh to the console ip as listed on the console page, and this just tells me that the password is incorrect every time.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I'd recommend opening a ticket in the clients area (https://clients.x10hosting.com). That said, I just checked and I am also having the same issue.

I recommend running sshd on your VPS (it should be running automatically, actually), and logging into that instead of relying on the console; as you can also change the root password via SolusVM and I know for a fact that changing that password works.

csc2ya

Reaction score
I may open a ticket if it's not fixed within the next few days. Having no console for now isn't a major problem, but I may need to use it occasionally if I mess up configuration files and don't want to reinstall the os to fix it.

I do already have sshd running, so I can still access the vps via ssh.

I was mainly wondering if it was just my vps as I would have needed to contact support if not, but it appears it's not just mine as you're having the same problem.

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: I've opened a support ticket via the client area as suggested

Another Edit: Corey fixed it

Last edited: