Hotmail Blocked IP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Hi,

Sending emails to hotmail address from my email address thats on my hosting are all bouncing back with the error:

Code:
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<distras@s3.x10premium.com> SIZE=2634:
    host mx4.hotmail.com [65.55.92.152]: 550 SC-001 Unfortunately, messages from 69.175.6.68 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

I was going to look into emailing them requesting to be removed, but I cam across somebody saying I could email the host asking to change the IP address? And are there any con's to this too?

If there is a better solution then id be glad to hear them!

---

Also, I tried requesting a new password so I could submit this as a support ticket from my client area, however no password reset would come through to my hotmail address...

---

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

There is no way for us to change the mail server's IP address. Some providers blacklist messages from us due to past abuse. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it, however, the mail servers on Illuminated and Premium have different IP addresses and are less likely to be blacklisted as abusers don't usually want to pay for hosting. You may want to consider an upgrade.

Thanks.

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Sorry... Forgot to mention im currently on the paid hosting :) Not the normal free hosting...

EDIT: Posted here as im not able to submit in my client area for my paid hosting...

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay. Sorry about that. :)
You'll be best opening a ticket about this in the Clients' area. You'll get priority support there straight from someone who can fix your problem.

Thanks.

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Okay. Sorry about that. :)
You'll be best opening a ticket about this in the Clients' area. You'll get priority support there straight from someone who can fix your problem.

Thanks.

Haha , as mentioned in my original post and also in the edit of the last one, I cant access my client area as I requested a new password, but the email wont come through to my hotmail account...

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, I posted before you made that edit and didn't refresh the page.
I'll escalate this ticket now for admin attention.
I apologise for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.