How am i going to start to design a good site

ifechiji24

Reaction score
how do i start to create a good site, i want to design it myself so as to learn, i know a little about (html) somebody help
Secondly after uploading a page i load it and it loaded later i load it it reads interal error i should contact admin and also 500 errors
dis is my site
www.greatpoint.x10.bz

markforbes130113

Reaction score
Firstly, before you design a website, you must go through some stages.

You need to figure out the following (in no particular order);

1. What the website will be about (i.e catering company, file hosting)
  2. The theme of the website (if it's a catering company, then light colours... if it's MMORPG gaming then dark colours)
  3. Who will use the website (i.e minors, adults, elderly)
  4. Are you going to use paid hosting, free hosting, and the domains etc.
Once you do that, you can then go onto think about what style to use in terms of layout. You can use a layout with a banner at the top, a horizontal navigation below it, then a big area for content, and then a footer below it....

Figure out what the website will be about first, then come back and let me know. either myself, or another member of this forum, will help you :)

firedavid98

Reaction score
that first story on ur site is pretty interesting

Last edited:

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks to me like you're going for a blog of some kind, in which case, I would recommend using Wordpress to set up your layout and design. You could also use a content management system like Joomla as well.

michael_29angelo35

Reaction score
-First you need to know what site will you do.
-Second you need to have a knowledge in codes like html and css for designing.

ifechiji24

Reaction score
Firstly, before you design a website, you must go through some stages.

You need to figure out the following (in no particular order);

1. What the website will be about (i.e catering company, file hosting)
  2. The theme of the website (if it's a catering company, then light colours... if it's MMORPG gaming then dark colours)
  3. Who will use the website (i.e minors, adults, elderly)
  4. Are you going to use paid hosting, free hosting, and the domains etc.
Once you do that, you can then go onto think about what style to use in terms of layout. You can use a layout with a banner at the top, a horizontal navigation below it, then a big area for content, and then a footer below it....

Figure out what the website will be about first, then come back and let me know. either myself, or another member of this forum, will help you :)

the site is about stories and sign up and making friends like social network

vol7ron

Reaction score
This just reminds me of the Nigerian spam and money scams I see all over the net. Be weary.

shaistar

Reaction score
Please find some lipsum or something else for us to review and let us help you with format. Then you can add that stuff because it was such a turn off, I kinda don't want to help you. Especially since I just woke up and don't like to start my day with this stuff.