Domain Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

abramason_dps94

Reaction score
Dear Admin,

I recently registered a domain from netfirms and I wanted to use this to replace the current sub-domain name that was given when I signed up for the free x10hosting account.

I seemed to have problem when I wanted to change that because the registered domain has been listed as parked domain and I couldn't change/find it on the control panel. Additionally, now I can't seem to have access to my site at all.

Would anyone be able to help resolve this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Adding your domain as a parked domain is not a bad thing. It's probably better to keep the original sub-domain as the main domain (just in case the parked domain stops working due to some dns issue etc, therefore your site wouldn't go offline if there is an issue).

The only problem with your domain that you purchased is the nameservers are not set to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

If you can log into the account panel for netfirms and update the nameservers to be ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com then allow 24-48 hours for DNS to propagate around the world, your site will load from both domain and sub-domain.

abramason_dps94

Reaction score
Hi Jarryd,

I did switched the nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com on netfirms account panel. Is there any other settings that I have to change there (e.g. pointers, etc.)?

The sub-domain given by x10hosting doesn't seem to be working either. So now, I can't access my site online at all. Is there any ways to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.