Problem with mail()

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurisstudio36

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am having a strange problem... When ever i use the contact form on my site to send emails, everything works fine but i find a file named "-1" in my functions directory containing the emails address that were used by the mail() function.

Is there any way i can stop this file from being created as it opens a great potential risk. This file contains email addresses of all visitors who send me their queries and this file is easily accessible.

the form gets submitted to www.aurisstudio.com/system/somefile.php and after the email is sent, a file named -1 is created in the system directory and is easily accessed through www.aurisstudio.com/system/-1
I tried to lock the directory but then the form cannot submit and generates a 403 error.

I am anxiously waiting for your response. Thanks in advance.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I clicked on your link to somefile.php and there's a 404 error saying that the file doesn't exist. What script are you using? Have you tried contacting the creator of your contact form script about this?

aurisstudio36

Reaction score
That link is an example...

See, i own two sites, one is arshadansari.x10.mx and second is aurisstudio.com

the contact form in arshadansari.x10.mx is submitted to aurisstudio.com and the email is also send and received in seconds.

But then when i go to the link http://aurisstudio.com/system/-1 i find email addresses. The contact form is created by me using the simple php mail() function. you can visit the form at http://arshadansari.x10.mx/?t=contact

Send a query and then check the link with -1 file... it would show your email address at the end... Thats the problem, how to stop the creation of this file?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I see that your contact form also uses a separate php file that you've commanded it to send the message in your contact form code. Have you checked your code in that separate php file? I don't see how these txt files are being created unless you've told it to.

aurisstudio36

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the support...

I believe that the problem was with the PHP's mail() function. I used the Mail Class from PEAR. It is working fine. No files with email Addresses. safe and secured!
PEAR Mail is even better emailing system, so i am really happy with it.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.