hlep with place php on site

sinfulcars33

Reaction score
Hello
I’m new here and pretty new to the whole php script thingbut I found one on will I’ll just link it because this what I want to place onthe web site http://iep-ipp.sourceforge.net/index.php and i thought I did it right but it’s not working so I’m not sureto why I’ve spent two days and still nothing and the documentation is not veryinstructive on how to install it so I was hoping someone here could take a lookand maybe tell how step by step to install it so it works what I have done isun-rar the files/folders that was in the zip uploaded all files and folder tothe public-html folder and set the permissions and I thought that should be prettymuch the brunt of it which is what i got from the doc thats was with the script unless i wanted email notices etc which i don't but it did not work so I’m at a lost might even let someone look in my cpanel i just need to get this up and running pretty fast.
Any help would be great

thanks to all

sinfulcars33

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes I’ve read the documentation I’m upto step 6 where it say to create a MySQL database so I do follow the video onthe x10hosting site then it goes nuts
I’ll try to explain a little more on whati have done and was doinghere goes
Step one and this was done with what the documentation said
Unzip and I uploaded all file and folders to the public folder onthe x10hosting server
2 Set the right permissions I think I got the permissions right
3 Point yourbrowser to the location you untar'd the distribution
Which I did and it seems fine I get to start screenin the browser

4 Install dependencies if not present. On Red Hat/Fedora: 'yum install php-mysql', yum install 'php-gd', 'yum install php-pear'.
Which on the start screen it has the dependencieslisted and it passes those three

5 InstallPear Mail classes if you want email notifications: 'pear install mail', 'pearinstall mail_mime', 'pear install net_smtp'.

Which thestart screen does not pass those but I don’t realy need the email notificationsanyways
Then

6 Setup a MySQL Database Username/Password. If you already have an IEP-IPP database. Uncheck 'Populate Database' otherwise leave it checked.
I do not have a database so I created a database and created userand password and add the user/pass to the database like in the video
On the start screen page I click next and get the below error inyour SQL syntax thing I’ve then i tried creating just the user and password andthought that the script will create the database as it does say If you already have an IEP-IPPdatabase. Uncheck 'Populate Database' otherwise leave it checked and I leave itchecked then that way gives me a massage on the start screen that say can notcorrect to database and when I check the mysql it doesn’t show that the scriptcreated a database and when I create one and click net on the start screen thiswhat I get
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual thatcorresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near'INSERT INTO `accomodation` (`uid`, `accomodation`, `subject`, `student_id`,`sta' at line 11

Now I’m not sure what that exactly what that means but what I do believeit means is that there is an syntax cade error on line a 11 to this is thepage I was looking at when I got the above error http://dark.elementfx.com/install/database.phpso i thought the error was in that file so I look through the code for thatfile at line 11 and on and found no 'INSERT INTO `accomodation` (`uid`,`accomodation`, `subject`, `student_id`, or anything in that file that say anythingof those words

So I’m not sure where to look for the code so even if I had theright syntax code I wouldn’t know where to put it. I don’t think it’s a big jobfor someone who know what their looking at more like a 5 to 10 minute job butfor someone who is just kind of starting and not sure what their looking at itkind of is a big job and I’m at a total loss at this point so any help would begreat.

Thanks

sinfulcars33

Reaction score
Ok I found I only code that has the error in your SQLsyntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for theright syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO `accomodation` (`uid`, `accomodation`,`subject`, `student_id`, `sta' at line 11 if you look down you’ll see the codethat says INSERT INTO `accomodation` (`uid`, `accomodation`, `subject`,`student_id`, `start_date`, `end_date`) VALUES I looked down at line a 11 andsee nothing I put the number 11 in the code below so you could see the where line 11 wasand allI see is a couple of dashes now what’s wrong with it beats me?
Hopefully someone else will see it thanks

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `accomodation` (
`uid` bigint(20) NOTNULL auto_increment,
`accomodation`varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
`subject`varchar(255) default NULL,
`student_id`bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0',
`start_date` dateNOT NULL default '0000-00-00',
`end_date` datedefault NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`uid`),
KEY `accomodation`(`accomodation`,`student_id`,`start_date`,`end_date`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=822 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `accomodation`
11 --

INSERT INTO `accomodation` (`uid`, `accomodation`,`subject`, `student_id`, `start_date`, `end_date`) VALUES
(820, 'present information with visual cues', 'allsubjects', 304, '2007-02-09', NULL),
(821, 'enlarge materials', 'all subjects', 304,'2007-02-09', NULL);

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Table structure for table `address`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `address` (
`address_id`bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
`po_box`varchar(255) default NULL,
`street`varchar(255) default NULL,
`city` varchar(255)default NULL,
`province`varchar(255) default NULL,
`country`varchar(255) default NULL,
`postal_code`varchar(63) default NULL,
`home_ph`varchar(63) default NULL,
`business_ph`varchar(63) default NULL,
`cell_ph`varchar(63) default NULL,
`email_address`varchar(255) default NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`address_id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=281 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `address`
--

INSERT INTO `address` (`address_id`, `po_box`, `street`,`city`, `province`, `country`, `postal_code`, `home_ph`, `business_ph`,`cell_ph`, `email_address`) VALUES
(279, '', '123 Anywhere St', 'Vancouver', 'BC', 'Canada','V9H 4A2', '604-123-4567', '', '', ''),
(280, 'Same', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');

Thanks for any help

mobstermind61

Reaction score
Okay I have figured out your issue and it works for me you must enter in the every word you see within the file "www.yourdomain.com/ipp/install/default.sql"

make sure you select a database to dump the structure in and simply copy everything you see below into your SQL query, then simply press go button, if you need further help ill upload this for you by myself if you need me to.

I placed the database file in a zip file for download so you can upload it again to your database

http://www.pawebdesigner.com/HELPING/ipp/install/default.sql.zip

please contact me if you need more help ill be glad to fully make this work for you!

sincerely, Jay

sinfulcars33

Reaction score
Hi and thanks a lot Jay I really do appreciate it I noticeyou stated that ill upload this for you by myself if youneed me to

And I might let you depending on how much you would chargefor doing it? I’ll try it myself first let me run through your instruction hopefullyI won’t make myself look to dumb with a few questions
First upload the file in Default.sql that’s located in yourzip and replace the original Default.sql file that’s in the install folder.
Also you said that I mustenter in the every word you see within the file"www.yourdomain.com/ipp/install/default.sql here comes the dumb part ofmy questions enter it where and in what file like in the coding of a file or onan installation webpage?
And make sure that i select a database to dumpthe structure in and simply copy everything you see below into your SQL query,then simply press go button
Are youtalking about the database I created in the mysql and type it in the Database Name on theInstallationDatabase Configuration page I’m just not sure where I’m supposed to copy everything too is it on the InstallationDatabase Configuration webpage?

Thanksagain for all your help
Ps let meknow if it comes to you installing it how much you charge and how would youlike for me to contact you with my user name and pass?

mobstermind61

Reaction score
I am going to break this down into steps for you so its easier for you to understand.

1. The file I gave you to download is your SQL for the database, I just simply showed you where it was located in your ftp because you could also copy whats in my download link from that location within your ftp. That's where I got the file. So Simply copy everything within the file ("default.sql").

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Now after you have the everything within the file copied, go to your phpMyAdmin, but before you do that make sure you have a database created already. I am just gonna assume you already do, so moving on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Select your database you want the SQL file to go in by clicking it, make sure the database is empty already.

b_props.png
Structure
b_sql.png
SQL
b_search.png
Search
s_db.png
Query
b_export.png
Export
b_import.png
Import
b_tblops.png
Operations
< you will see the following links at the top of your phpMyAdmin, simply click on
b_sql.png
SQL

5. Lastly, paste the whole database you have copied already into the white area and at the bottom right corner of the box press the GO button. After all this you should have a database set up. YOUR DONE!

I hope this helps

Feel free to contact me with anymore issues to my private inbox for this forum. I would not charge you anything for installing if you can not, all I ask for is for you to give me reputation for my help. That's it!

Sincerely, Jay

Last edited: