I cannot post in forums, and I am not getting confirmation emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikkilambo

Reaction score
When I try to post in the forum, I am getting this error:
------------------------------------------------------------
rikkilambo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
------------------------------------------------------------
I never received ANY welcome email in my email inbox, as a result, I was not able to confirm my email address. Can you resend the email or something?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What forums are you not able to post in?

Also, your forum email should be linked to the same one you use in your account panel. Your email is definitely confirmed for your account there and all accounts are linked together. If you need to change your password, then do it in your account panel so it'll change it to the same password for your account panel, cPanel, and forum account all at once. https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php

Last edited:

rikkilambo

Reaction score
I am not able to post in any forum other than Community Support > Free Hosting. For example, I cannot post in Community > Off Topic, and Site Design & Development > Graphics & Webdesign.

I have followed your advise and (1) updated to a new password through the Account Panel, and (2) created a new Gmail address "rikkilambo2@gmail.com", and (3) changed to my new Gmail address through the Account Panel. I still cannot post.

I then logged-in to this forum manually, went to Settings and Edit Email and Password. I also updated my email address to my new "rikkilambo2@gmail.com". I still cannot post.

I have swapped forum names a couple times before, and changed my email addresses a couple times across multiple forum accounts. I might have screwed up or created a duplicate database entry. I don't know. Can you help me investigate?

What forums are you not able to post in?

Also, your forum email should be linked to the same one you use in your account panel. Your email is definitely confirmed for your account there and all accounts are linked together. If you need to change your password, then do it in your account panel so it'll change it to the same password for your account panel, cPanel, and forum account all at once. https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Sometimes the usergroup assigned to a forum account doesn't change properly when it should. I'm guessing that's what's happened here because I've seen this kind of situation before and how it was handled. I'm going to go ahead an escalate your support thread to the ticket system. An admin will respond as soon as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.