bye bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prigioni

Reaction score
you can close my account
enough is enough after 3 days of offline without any damm explanation
i found the pdo enabled but i found my database completely empty ?
when i try to update and import old database i found it lot of error of corruptions
and mysql say to me db (alredy exist) yes exist! but empty
when i try to run locally on my machine everthing working well!

Goodbye sorry to say but i am fking sick and tired

add on you slogan: hosting for masses that never care about the site!

or add motto: today you have free website tomorrow maybe not!

Goodbye forever i never advice a service like that to my worst enemy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well maybe if you would've kept your cool you would've noticed the databases are online again and your website is probably fine... I agree it's not good service to have a server down for 3 days without explanation, but your site isn't gone or anything and it's still only a free service. The reason importing the old database didn't work is obviously because they were having trouble with the server, it's not that weird you get errors then.

From the sound of it you've been here for only a short while, and even though this doesn't give a good impression, generally the support is nice (if you bother to make a ticket, which I doubt you have from the sound of it) and I've never lost a single file on their servers. Sure the servers are down from time to time, but on a payed host you can also have that problem and if that's the price I have to pay for free hosting than that's fine with me. I understand if you want a more reliable service, but you won't find it for free.

btw, I've also been with other free webhosting services and every single one of them except x10 went down at some point. So if you're changing to another free host I think you're wasting your time, paid service might be different though.

Last edited:

prigioni

Reaction score
well prolly you are right, but generally sorry to say but the question is, free or not a downtime of 3 days and no explanation, errors related on db and totally disappearing appearing and disappearing of the db, can't give to any person (ANY!) the "safety" that one day this issue can't happen again.

Your is a clever answer, but i just ask to you: anyone must find some site (family friends or a simple forum with few people) that don't care with a minimum sla, are happy that they found 3 days of downtime? No i don't think so... for the site that the "SLA don't' care" too!
If somebody want to upgrade on premium, can avoid of this issues? Well i read that all people have same issue (premium too) so if i buy a premium (and trust me compared with paid hosting isn't cheap) i have strange feeling that don't change nothing!

some rules related to server-side production and SLA service is for "all":

1) never never change php.ini configuration before testing in pre-production server!
2) if you do change never do that for days and days (if people use cms) and you support cms!
3) see a downtime of main server (it happen on mainsite x10) is not good advertisment for all (paid and free hosting)
4) never modify apache configuration (or any web server daemon configuration) without check in test server or a servers with low users
because such you see websites point randomless page (that's' happen IMHO)
5) instead simply ignoring what happened in this days to x10 maybe is good if the hoster offer some free services that recieved worst downtime (that' dont cost nothing to provider) i dont know a subdomain a some free tickets (with high sla) for free hosting people too... marketing in this case don't do a good job that they paid for...
first rule: people angry, is people that say bye bye, paid or free!

cybernetic if i use a free space this don't mean that i am dumb, or don't know nothing about provider services! Sometimes happen that to other side of the account you find someone that know what mean do providing-hosting services!
i choose this service because i cleary see the differences with others (i recognized that) on answer time of the server and some good services such ticket, but if you give good speedy site, and good ticket but a site that go down for days and no answer to ticket when this site is down... well trust me premium or not i should say sorry but "bye bye"

Just MY 5 cents opinion? If you don't believe about my experience? Well to simple end user opinion look like a mess, IMHO instead if you ask what "prisoner x10 user" engineer think (in the experience to provider side) it look like a mess too!

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

ah at moment my site don't required a premium hosting service (if anyway i have 600 readers in first week of opening) maybe in future, but is site news so... i pay for give free service to people.
is a pity that x10 don't understand that i do ads for provider too!
"look this provider is good" prolly they don't care! ah well!
Some people choosing free hosting for other motivations: censorship and so on... if i like some (i f*ck your privacy and censoring you) simply i use blogger.com and that's all
In my case this "joke" it cost me 2 days of data recovery to another provider. Well Thanks a lot! In my "no life" of an IT engineer i never see something like that trust me.
If i am a head tech engineer of x10... explained or not for me after that someone should prepare the paper box for go to home forever!
Something like that i never see in my entire life (the junior engineers with no experience too have more wariness to do that!)
Personal remark: Actually internet is under attack to privacy related problems and censorship: take a look to youtube (in one week 150k users banned!) and trust me paid hosting or not if you publish irritating news related privacy and censorship you are out!

Ah P.p.s Cyber a adf.ly banner (a famous ads spammer) don't look good in your signature trust me! :)

Last edited:

ajordan91

Banned
Reaction score
btw, I've also been with other free webhosting services and every single one of them except x10 went down at some point. So if you're changing to another free host I think you're wasting your time, paid service might be different though.

"every single one of them except x10 went down at some point."

are you saying x10hosting's server(s) have never gone down ?

what server is your account on ?

rikkilambo

Reaction score
As much as I'm whining too I am still sticking with x10. Their servers are actually quite fast and you get quite a lot of freedom. Some free hosts don't even have cPanel and you are stuck with only FTP.

Btw Stoli is up.

prigioni

Reaction score
you are right... good luck for me is enough! 5 days of downtime is for world of guinness records!
the website is your not mine!
p.s. cpanel configured at least two or three ftp account you also find in my neighbor personal computer that have a fedora installed on with one ip static address!
i see a lot of free hosting everyone with cpanel and infinite ftp... if you say that is more speedy than others agreed but others don't offer you 5 days of downtime and a mess on your db!
Please don't say bull*hit please!

Last edited:

wodongax

Reaction score
Sounds like your website is Very Important?
You have joined x10 a little over a week ago and your super dooper webpage a[FONT=&quot]pparently [/FONT] has 600 readers.

If I was that successful in my 1st week I'd be smart about it and moved from a free hosting plan to a Premium hosting plan.

Sheet some DW know it all.

ajordan91

Banned
Reaction score
You have joined x10 a little over a week ago and your super dooper webpage a[FONT="]pparently [/FONT] has 600 readers.

If I was that successful in my 1st week I'd be smart about it and moved from a free hosting plan to a Premium hosting plan.

sounds like you have never used a x10hosting's "Premium hosting plan" -- they have issues also

it takes far more than 600 readers to pay for a "Premium hosting plan"

wodongax

Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite..

Premium service :

• 99.9% Uptime guarantee.
  • 24x7 expert support.
  • 10x the amount of resources.
  • No inactivity policy.
  • One minute cron jobs.
  • 4 automated daily backups.
  • Much more

$3.95/month the cost of a cuppa coffee FFS

Last edited:

ajordan91

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite..

Premium service :

• 99.9% Uptime guarantee.
  • 24x7 expert support.
  • 10x the amount of resources.
  • No inactivity policy.
  • One minute cron jobs.
  • 4 automated daily backups.
  • Much more

$3.95/month the cost of a cuppa coffee FFS

#1 - 99.9% Uptime guarantee.
...99.9% of what ?
...99.9% Uptime Guarantee - means that if a test is made each minute during a year
...(365.2425 days, which is 365 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes, and 12 seconds)
...99.9% of 525949.2 tests = 525423.2508 minutes up and 525.9492 minutes down
...the unknown is 'what is the test' and 'how often' and 'over how much time' is the test made
...and what is the rate of compensation

#2 - 24x7 expert support.
...says you can make requests 24/7 by using a ticket system
...it can - as it has for us - take more than a day at times to get a useable reply

#3 - 10x the amount of resources.
...you do get more resources
...but 10x of what ?

#4 - No inactivity policy.
...how would that policy work for a service you pay for ?

#5 - 4 automated daily backups.
...that is a backups of the server and maybe the SAN
...here is what the "Terms of Service" (TOS) says about 'your' backups
..."Backup Policy -- Customer agrees to maintain a current copy of all content
...hosted by x10Hosting notwithstanding any agreement by x10Hosting to provide backup services."
...you can read the TOS at ==> http://x10premium.com/terms.php

#6 - Much more
... of what ?

#7 - $3.95/month the cost of a cuppa coffee FFS
...to receive that price you must pay for three (3) years up front (at one time with no refund)
...USD$3.95 X 12 = USD$47.40 X 3 = USD$142.20
...more than a few households on this world have less than USD$500.00 total income for a month

here is a list of free and paid hosting at x10hosting
(VPS, VPS Dedicated, x10Premium Infinity+, and others like them are not on this list)

http://x10hosting.com/wiki/Plan_Comparison

prigioni

Reaction score
You have joined x10 a little over a week ago and your super dooper webpage a[FONT=&quot]pparently [/FONT] has 600 readers.

so yes... and what is the problem? yes a week (first and last) if i buy a premium i MUST HAVE THE SERVICE THAT I PAID FOR...or do you usually give 100 bucks to first person on the street that offer you a "snake oil" for fix everthing?

well yes maybe... after downtime like that with these results the only way to buy premium plan here is only if you threatening me with a gun...
Don't worry? Are you sure that premium account here don't suffer of the same downtime? Are you really really Sure? Hmmm :rolleyes:

#1 - 99.9% Uptime guarantee.
...99.9% of what ?
...99.9% Uptime Guarantee - means that if a test is made each minute during a year
...(365.2425 days, which is 365 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes, and 12 seconds)
...99.9% of 525949.2 tests = 525423.2508 minutes up and 525.9492 minutes down
...the unknown is 'what is the test' and 'how often' and 'over how much time' is the test made
...and what is the rate of compensation
so hmm let me think 525 minutes is about 8-9 hour for year hmm 4 days downtime... hmm 96 hour, about more or less 5760 minutes? meant about 10 times more?
3.95... hmm same of a famous hoster that have in the name hub? hmmm

Last edited:

wodongax

Reaction score
gee's

When u 2 love birds find something better than x10 free hosting do me flavor and let me know (with proof)

None of your profiles indicate a webpage, so any credibility worth anything is up in air.
Share this important webpages of yours.

Seriously though, if its upsetting you guys so much then Bye Bye. Stop going on like pork chops in a frying pan (sizzle n pop) <- its not good for your heath.. in fact go outside and get some air.

I just finished doing some concreting.

ajordan91

Banned
Reaction score
gee's

When u 2 love birds find something better than x10 free hosting do me flavor and let me know (with proof)

None of your profiles indicate a webpage, so any credibility worth anything is up in air.
Share this important webpages of yours.

Seriously though, if its upsetting you guys so much then Bye Bye. Stop going on like pork chops in a frying pan (sizzle n pop) <- its not good for your heath.. in fact go outside and get some air.

I just finished doing some concreting.

as I write this I have three (3) Web pages with domains on my x10hosting account - which has been down now for four (4) days - but what does that have to do with this thread ?

you made a post in this thread - along the line of "... I'd be smart about it and moved from a free hosting plan to a Premium hosting plan."

then made a post about how grand the Premium hosting plan is - which I replied to with
facts and ask you questions - which you did not answer - on why the "Premium hosting plan"
would solve the issues this thread is about

IMO it is your credibility that is up in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.