You are all idiots! Go to the status page!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

petronaldgreen19

Reaction score
While i agree with you, I'm happy the users are keeping the pressure on... this streak was really not ok, its pretty much been on and off for over 24 hours now.
The launching of my site ended up being a fiasco because of it god Knows what my users think of me. I am barely able to look at my inbox due to the quantity of complaints and 'help its not working' im getting so its only fair x10 gets their fair share in the forums as well

There is also the fact that the status page says

THURSDAY, APRIL 12
[Updated 4/11/12] Free Hosting - Maintenance8 hours ago
Administration is currently performing maintenance on the free hosting servers, including a full reboot and addition of features. The servers will very likely be down during this time.

Update 4/11/12 8:33 PM CST

Administration is still working on the free hosting servers, and is bringing various services back online. Please be patient while we continue to work on the servers.

cPanel should be back online for all servers.

And my Cpanel is still offline... I am honestly at this point disheartened by this stream of events.

Funny thing is with the launching of my new site I realized I needed to go premium so for the last few days I was asking around hey, is wildcard subdomains enabled in X10Premium? Simple yes or no question. No help in the forums.... sent in a ticket (only yesterday though so can't say the support is bad) but still waiting for the response.. and then this happens. I mean sigh how unlucky does one hav2 be for this to happen

opster

Reaction score
This has been going on for way longer than 24 hours, since Boru was sent under for maintenance, nothing has always everything working! Cloudflare has gone missing, passwords not changing, alsorts of carnage!

wongers

Reaction score
If you are unhappy with the free service, either take your complaining fiasco of a website elsewhere. your other option to take up the paid service to improve stability and avoid these kinds of issues from occurring in the future.

bottom line? put up or shut up.

walidno1

Reaction score
That is No way to treat your patrons!!! Just joking....

Any tentative date on when I can upload my site again?

"cPanel should be back online for all servers."->well, mine still doesn't work

petronaldgreen19

Reaction score
If you are unhappy with the free service, either take your complaining fiasco of a website elsewhere. your other option to take up the paid service to improve stability and avoid these kinds of issues from occurring in the future.

bottom line? put up or shut up.

I'm sorry did you not learn to read? I was planning on 'putting up' and I currently do have the Prime Upgrade so i'm not a complete freeloader. And sir if it really doesn't bother you its simply because your site doesn't get enough traffic for it to matter

sarah.b.morley87

Reaction score
While the status page does give information about what's going on, it's not fair to call everyone who complains about it idiots for them "obviously" not looking at that page. There's really not that much information on the status page. All it says is there is maintenance on free hosting (doesn't even specify which servers) and it doesn't give a period of time for how long they will be down. Considering how long it's been down and the fact that my website now simply says "Server is online" and my cPanel is still down (despite the status page saying it "should" be up), people have a right to complain. It looks very unprofessional and sloppy right now and there's nothing I can do about it but tell the users that it will be back "soon."

Yes, this is a free service, but it's a pain to move your website to another host and if you did that every time you had a problem with a host, then you'd end up having more problems and wasted time than if you just waited out the occasional problems you do have. Moving to another host often requires changing nameservers, which really means about 24-48 hours of your website being moved. If this keeps happening, then I will certainly change hosts. Until now it's been pretty reliable so I'm not going to give up on them yet.

All I really want, and I'm sure other people agree, is to see some acknowledgement by x10Hosting that certain servers are still down and are expected to be back in X amount of time. When something is down and there's no information given about what exactly is going on and when to expect it to come back, it's only natural to want more information about it.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Just to provide some kind of update on the situation.
As you are aware, we are trying to keep everyone as "in the loop" as possible by making regular posts to status.x10hosting.com. Unfortunately, for us to carry out maintenance and ultimately improve free hosting, a few periods of downtime are required. As you are aware, we are currently in the middle of a major set of changes to the free hosting servers, which has caused some disruption to service over the last few days. The admins are actively working on the situation to minimise disruption to the end user's service, however due to the volume of operations to be carried out and the relative size of the free hosting servers, everything is much easier said than done.
All we ask in exchange for a great /free/ service is that when changes are required users have a bit of patience and try to bare with us. As I said, due to the large size of the free hosting servers, it is extremely difficult to predict how long the operations will take to complete, and as I'm sure you are all aware technology rarely does what it's told on the first attempt, particularly when it would be very helpful if it did. While we understand you all have sites that you want to maintain etc., we ask that you appreciate that we are working as quickly as possible to restore service.
Just to add, a quick note to those of you who have support tickets open regarding the maintenance/problems with sites/cPanel not working etc: obviously, we are aware of issues that arise as a result of maintenance on the servers. Often, creating tickets regarding these issues floods the support area, making it impossible for staff to tell the support tickets that need attention, and those who simply need to check up on the status page. I apologise if your ticket has been overlooked, but when you consider the fact that (it seems) every user is opening a ticket to tell us their site is down, multiply that up by a couple of thousand or so, and you quickly have a situation where it is seemingly impossible to work out which tickets need to take priority. If your ticket is not regarding maintenance, feel free to quote the ticket number here for us to take a look at, or perhaps try to use our live chat IRC support system to get assistance.

I've tried to answer the bulk of your queries the best I can without giving you a huge chunk of text to read. If you require further clarification on any of the above please reply.

Thank you.

fruitytest89

Reaction score
At the risk of being called 'an idiot' may I point out that I am unable to successfully connect to the ftp server - timestamp: 12 April 2012 19:40 BST

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

... that would be 'starka'

belltown

Reaction score
At the risk of being called 'an idiot' may I point out that I am unable to successfully connect to the ftp server - timestamp: 12 April 2012 19:40 BST

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

... that would be 'starka'
One of the issues mentioned on the Status page that they're aware of is:
Unable to connect via FTP
They go on to say:
This, however, takes time and will likely not be done in the immediate future
I've seen upgrades to X10 in the past take anything from several weeks to several months. I'm not very optimistic that these problems will get fixed any time soon.

mudskippa26962

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks very much for the update - very much appreciated and I appreciate your service too.

This 'not in the immediate future' thing - while I appreciate there is no set time-frame, do you have a rough idea of when some of it will be back on? Are we talking a day or two or some weeks?

I can deal with some of it being down but my email is really an urgent problem. I would be delighted to hear that'd be back on shortly. If not I'd like to know so I can find another temporary solution.
Best wishes,
Beth

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
To clarify on that: some features are going to take longer to sort out than others - obviously the ability to show your site and use cPanel are high on the priority list, but until the admins post a further update we really are not in a position to give you a time frame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.