Save yourselves the trouble ..?

bumpusk

Reaction score
Why don't you insert a line at the very top of your 'Create a Support Ticket' page that says, "Please do not create a new duplicate support ticket for something we are already working on," with a link to the 'Support Status' page so people will know where to go and what to look for, instead of just complaining at the 'Status' page and in the 'News and Announcements' forum about users failing to read said 'Status' page. We don't know your website inside, & out. Fortunately, you are pretty good, so when a rare problem comes up, excuse us if we don't know exactly where to go or what to look for, and you should maybe try to be a little less disparaging of us who love what you offer and hope someday, when our businesses take off, that we will need and be able to upgrade to a bigger and better website that will necessarily need to be a paying account--probably with you, if you haven't totally chased us away, by then!

You're practically shooting yourselves in the foot not having something like the following at the top of the 'Create Ticket' page:
Please do not create a new duplicate support ticket for something we are already working on. Please check our 'Support Status' page FIRST to find out if we are already working on a problem that is not yours alone.

Seems to me the logical thing to do--just sayin' ...

Thanks folks! Look forward to everything working like clockwork again soon!

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. I'll leave administration a message with a link to this thread, and we'll consider your suggestion.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Why don't you insert a line at the very top of your 'Create a Support Ticket' page that says, "Please do not create a new duplicate support ticket for something we are already working on," with a link to the 'Support Status' page so people will know where to go and what to look for, instead of just complaining at the 'Status' page and in the 'News and Announcements' forum about users failing to read said 'Status' page. We don't know your website inside, & out. Fortunately, you are pretty good, so when a rare problem comes up, excuse us if we don't know exactly where to go or what to look for, and you should maybe try to be a little less disparaging of us who love what you offer and hope someday, when our businesses take off, that we will need and be able to upgrade to a bigger and better website that will necessarily need to be a paying account--probably with you, if you haven't totally chased us away, by then!

You're practically shooting yourselves in the foot not having something like the following at the top of the 'Create Ticket' page:
Please do not create a new duplicate support ticket for something we are already working on. Please check our 'Support Status' page FIRST to find out if we are already working on a problem that is not yours alone.

Seems to me the logical thing to do--just sayin' ...

Thanks folks! Look forward to everything working like clockwork again soon!

That's all well and good, however people simply do not read the information provided to them. Odds are the majority would completely ignore it.
Either way, as SJ.Wolfe said, your suggestion will be passed on.

bumpusk

Reaction score
people simply do not read the information provided to them

Use an eye-catching red font that stands apart from the rest of the page, as I've shown, and I'm sure you will find that many more, probably the majority, will catch onto it! :smile:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Roughly 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of our users don't read anything that is placed in front of them, even if it is large, red, bold, and blinking with an attractive lady doing a dance next to it. This also applies to paid services where people open tickets about things such as refunds (even though they agree that there aren't any refunds when signing up) or ask us to do stuff with an unmanaged VPS even though again there is a notice saying that such things are not provided on unmanaged services.

bumpusk

Reaction score
WOW!! Sounds like it sucks to be you! Thanks for your stamina in being able to continue to serve people who annoy you so much. If I were as unhappy as you, I think I would have found a different line of work a long time ago. I guess people are just built to endure different things.

Thanks for all you do & here's to hoping your home life brings you joy, even if your work doesn't! (Everybody's got to have something good in their life!)

jensen

Reaction score
You should try being a moderator once a while and you'd know how demanding and unreasonable some people can be.
These moderators and support team and doing a great service on their valuable time. If I'm correct, a large group of the moderators and admins are doing it on a voluntary basis (or maybe that has changed?)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You should try being a moderator once a while and you'd know how demanding and unreasonable some people can be.
These moderators and support team and doing a great service on their valuable time. If I'm correct, a large group of the moderators and admins are doing it on a voluntary basis (or maybe that has changed?)

That is correct :p