How is everyone else's email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskippa26962

Reaction score
Well it's been a week now since I couldn't send or receve any email through Starka. I haven't seen any updates on email from the admin so I thought I'd check with other users. Is your email still off?

It's funny, with mine I don't get 'error' messages anymore like I was before, but it says it is checking and authorising and all that but that there no new messages, which know isn't the case. Items also appear to send fine, apperaing in the 'sent items, but then they do not get to the other side.

Anyone else still having that?

capcomx1

Reaction score
Still having issues. It's been a week and nothing on the status page reflects that they're working on it imo, so I'm going to send in a ticket. Really hope it gets resolved soon - a week without email is not good.

mudskippa26962

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you're having problems too Capcom. Please do let me know if you have any joy. I have been unsure as to whether submit a ticket or not. Trying to be patient, but as it hasn't been mentioned in the updates...

lutonscottie

Reaction score
Same problem here too. No send/recieve errors reported in Outlook, mail accounts present in CPanel, but no mail coming through!

Driminary

Reaction score
Same problem, no email recieved/sent (on Boru) since 9th April, get error messages through gmail though. I presume they're still working on it as in the support tickets thread it says "anything related to emails" to keep un-ticketed. They haven't updated that thread in a while mind...

capcomx1

Reaction score
Nope, no joy on emails yet. I'm moving my hosting & such elsewhere until they get it fixed. I very much liked their service prior to the updates - everything worked perfect and it was exactly what I needed. However, 2+ weeks of issues... Time to turn to something more reliable.

Reaction score
same here.. i have a lot of issues in my email.. i have tried the pop3 and imap using outlook but all have failed or almost 24hrs delay..

jleasia92

Reaction score
Mine was working ok until sometime yesterday. The mail() php function is just failing silently.

capcomx1

Reaction score
Finally got a reply to my ticket. Summation? Basically they're idiots for not updating the status post to show that mail services are down and leaving us all wondering and without service.

Ok, if I put it more politely, they confirmed that mail services are down.

I get it, it's a free service, but service thus far has been completely terrible. No way am I going to consider paying them for full hosting, so free service terminated, web and email moved, goodbye everyone. I hope you have better luck than I.

giggigteam

Reaction score
my emails been down for so long that I was forced to update my MX records to point to my own computer and decided to run my own email server. I needed my email!

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Finally got a reply to my ticket. Summation? Basically they're idiots for not updating the status post to show that mail services are down and leaving us all wondering and without service.

Ok, if I put it more politely, they confirmed that mail services are down.

I get it, it's a free service, but service thus far has been completely terrible. No way am I going to consider paying them for full hosting, so free service terminated, web and email moved, goodbye everyone. I hope you have better luck than I.

Status updates are a wonderful thing: http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/179045-support-tickets.html
Even better when you read them.

mobile6

Reaction score
Hi stpvoice,

Thanks for posting that link to the support page. Wonkiness on my computer made it impossible to access.
Do you think you could send some appreciation to all of the volunteers. I can't imagine why you do it, just very glad that you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.