GEt Site Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernard11

Reaction score
Today i open my site and get this
"Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 24903680) (tried to allocate 289793 bytes)"
So can any one tell me what this??
I just use wordpress...
Thanks

bernard11

Reaction score
What i must do???
My site is work more than 2 month, and then get error like that.

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
Nothing you can do about it. Admins are aware of it and hopefully it'll be fixed soon, that's assuming the memory limits haven't been decreased on purpose, or not permanently at least.

rikkilambo

Reaction score
It appears that they are deliberately limiting PHP memory usage to 24MB for free users. I used to be able to get around this limit by playing with the .htaccess, but recently they appear to have found that loophole and now my WordPress site is getting the same memory limit error. I have a hunch that they are deliberately doing this to "encourage" free users to upgrade to prime. It doesn't make any sense otherwise.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
It appears that they are deliberately limiting PHP memory usage to 24MB for free users.

They have done a massive overhaul of the free hosting servers. Some details get overlooked. The PHP limit had been 64M. You weren't "getting around" the limit via .htaccess. It isn't possible and it wasn't necessary.

They are working on restoring the 64M limit.

bernard11

Reaction score
They have done a massive overhaul of the free hosting servers. Some details get overlooked. The PHP limit had been 64M. You weren't "getting around" the limit via .htaccess. It isn't possible and it wasn't necessary.

They are working on restoring the 64M limit.

so what we can do is just wait??? For how long???

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
so what we can do is just wait??? For how long???

Please check your site now.

And in the future, if you are going to post about a problem in your account, please do so from the Forum account that is linked to your Free Hosting Account so that we have a chance to look at your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.