My server changed and database was wiped

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgsuppor

Reaction score
I have Wordpress installed on my site, and I was on Stoli. I haven't changed anything on my site for over a week, but I have been logging into my site every day or two to make sure it still worked. I logged onto my site this morning, and the install.php page loaded instead. I then went to my cPanel to see what's up, and I received a warning about the security certificate for the site. Then I noticed that I wasn't even on Stoli anymore; I'm now on a server called Absolut. I went into my FTP and deleted the install.php file (I don't know why it was there in the first place).

Back at the main cPanel page, several things were off in the statistics sidebar. All of the stats were at 0 (Bandwidth, CPU, Storage, Memory, etc.), and now it says I'm using the maximum amount of SQL databases of 2 (before it was 4). I went to phpMyAdmin, and my entire database was gone. There were 0 tables in it, and the file size of it was 0MB.

Now I don't know what to do. I have 3 full backups, but I don't know if they work (1 is ~75MB, 1 is ~65MB, and 1 is ~35MB. They all should be around 75MB). Do I leave the site alone, and it will fix itself? Do I have to upload the database I have on my computer? If one of these don't work, does x10 have a backup?

If someone can tell me what is going on, that would be great

Last edited:

chatterbox42

Reaction score
I've been waiting to see if anyone else would post this. I'm having the same problems - Wordpress and Pixelpost databases "gone", Stoli now called "Absolut", security certificate warning when logging into cPanel... The site was down altogether yesterday so I assume they're working on it..

I wouldn't make any changes if I were you. Usually these things get resolved and everything returns fully intact - they just don't keep us updated much (if at all) on the progress. Hopefully this isn't any different from the norm and it'll all be back to normal soon. If not, a submit a ticket. I plan to if it's still down by tomorrow.

Last edited:

chatterbox42

Reaction score
Yep. So is Pixelpost. I wouldn't panic just yet, as I've seen this and the missing databases here before and they all returned without a problem. I just avoid making any changes, deletions etc - I've seen some weird stuff in my databases after outages but they usually disappear by the time service is fully back to normal.

Last edited:

tyrovc

Reaction score
Exact same issue here. Was on Stoli, now Absolut. Databases are empty, and stats are off.

hgsuppor

Reaction score
A bit of an update, I decided to upload a backup database. My site no longer tries to send me to the install page, however now I get this error:

'Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in XXX'

33445532 bytes is equal to 32MB. Under the PHP Configuration part of my site, the resource limit is 32MB, as set by the server administrator. There is no way for me to raise it because the limit is set by x10.

Can someone help me out, or will this problem be solved with time?

succuba54

Reaction score
Same problems here, I was on stoli, looks like I have been moved to Absolut. My site is built using Joomla, I cannot access the front page or the back end, all I get is...

Table '*****_joom237.jos_session' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` (`session_id`, `client_id`, `time`) VALUES ('b2ac1151b9e8bb44a633f8ab3e7427f9', 0, '1346186952').

Completely lost as to what to do to resolve this issue, hopefully it will resolve itself in the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.