New Community Support System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

We have launched a new community support system that will be replacing ticket support for normal free hosting users. The system is laid out similar to stackexchange for you that are familiar with that type of community support setup. You can get to the new system from the navbar in the forum or also from the account portal, the URL is http://x10hosting.com/forums/support. You must first login to the forum or the portal as we are utilizing a single sign on system where your forum user name will be your ID.

Some things to note, the support system is NOT for discussions. It is for questions and answers, if you have something to discuss please use the forums here. If you have something to add to a question or need the person to provide more information use the comment section under their question. Do not submit an answer to a question unless it is actually an answer.

The system uses downvotes and upvotes to rate the questions and answers, this is controlled by karma points which you can gain by helping other users. Some abilities are unlocked once you gain specific amounts of karma. You will not be able to upvote\downvote immediately, this is to prevent abuse of the system.

If you are an illuminated or prime user you will still have access to submit tickets directly to us via the portal, you will also start to see improved response times.

I'll leave this thread open for now if anyone has any comments on the new setup.

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
sounds good to me, I've been using it the past 2 days!!

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
though i am logged into the forum, the system doesn't recognize me on the new support system. when i try to login it redirects me to the forum where i am already logged in. I am using Mozilla Firefox.

Update: I logged out and logged in again and now the system is recognizing me.

Last edited:

ollieter

Reaction score
Looks like the support ticket I posted over a week ago has fallen into the abyss then.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
I personally prefer the old support ticketing system. This new system is rather annoying, my question being answered by someone who cannot comprehend the fact that I have done numerous tests to see if something works, even on an intranet server.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Linkz0rs, I have looked at the question that you have posted and I believe our staff provided a rather valid response. Even though you stated it worked fine prior to the server move, based on the error messages you provided in this particular question this would generally point to a fault in the code which is why staff's response was based upon this.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Linkz0rs, I have looked at the question that you have posted and I believe our staff provided a rather valid response. Even though you stated it worked fine prior to the server move, based on the error messages you provided in this particular question this would generally point to a fault in the code which is why staff's response was based upon this.

Yes, but the code was never changed... It even works on an internal setup using Litespeed on my own intranet server test... I just can't figure out why it won't work on Level... I'm filled with confusion... That script mainly sets a session and does a few database connections (grabbing user information for the session) then redirects to the page the user was previously looking at. I really don't get why it's not working, I see nothing wrong with the code... I'm merely filled with confusion. Instead of being off-topic here, we can talk in PM if you want.

brunoais

Reaction score
How frequent (no need to be very precise in the answer) will the support team review our questions?
If we need to provide more personal information, how is that processed?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
How frequent (no need to be very precise in the answer) will the support team review our questions?
Most of our support team are volunteers, so I'm afraid this is difficult to answer.

If we need to provide more personal information, how is that processed?
All of our support team have access to your account's basic information, such as your username, domain, server, etc.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
On side note: Never never NEVER post any passwords. x10 support volunteers will not ask you for a password, we won't need a password. If someone requests a password to access your account, report it.

dadinck30

Reaction score
I think that the user support model is great for free hosting support. I did not understand why free hosting people would be able to submit tickets except for obvious server issues, anyway. As a free member, I would always go to the forums for my questions just because I did not feel entitled to someone's paycheck if I am not helping to pay for it.

bnvivek

Reaction score
I guess a lot of people are facing issues logging into Vox server which does not seem to have resolved by anyone on the support forum, since this issue persists since early last month, could the support team please look into the issues posted.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.