Blocked Ports Windows 7 Pro

VerbRadio

Reaction score
I've finally got my Shoutcast set up on the VPS but now I can't test it because my ports are blocked. I used a port checking tool an it says I have no open ports at all. I disabled the firewall and did everything I could think of but no luck.

As I've been searching for answers this seems to be a common Window 7 issues but can't find a real solution except to go back to XP.

Any one here have any solutions? Thanks in advance!

VerbRadio

Reaction score
SOLVED! My server is up and running! Just needed to find an open port on my computer and change in my config file!

theone48

Reaction score
Windows 7 allows for running in other OS compatability modes, but that would have little bearing on ports. My thought was configuration and I see that's probably what it is since you have it running now. A freeware utility like CurrPorts http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html can tell you what ports you currently have available and you can configure from there. If Firewall is an issue you can go to Windows firewall settings in the control panel and when you are there, click on Advanced Settings, Inbound Rules or Outbound Rules, double-click on a program name, and click on "Protocols and Ports" tab. Good Luck!