Please Review My Weight-loss Website

jad01

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently completed a small site promoting a few weight-loss products. It's basically a comparison of fad diets to diets that actually work for sustained weight-loss. I would appreciate it if someone could give me a little feedback.

http://populardiets.net/

-Thanks

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
IMHO it needs more work. It's practically a stock WordPress template with little or no alteration.

It's also an affiliate site*.. You want to persuade people to follow the links & widgets that you hopefully get paid for so make sure they are not getting part hidden like the square one from Amazon on the right.

Do not give the users non-affiliate links to click that take them away from your site. If they want to find out more about the the 'Atkins' diet then YOU need to have a page full of information about it with adverts on.

Do not embed video from YouTube, this also provides links away from your site. Host the video on your website server or have your own dedicated YouTube channel and sign up for Google Adsense.

Pictures of happy thin people and sad obese individuals are always worth a try to manipulate feelings of users.

*Personally I would bury that entire Disclaimer page in the small print at the bottom of the privacy policy or terms of use. It is hard for a visitor to believe your advice is impartial if you openly admit you are getting kick-backs for your recommendations.