Best CMS Script?

evmdude

Reaction score
What would you say is the best CMS (content management script)?
I use Pulse CMS Pro.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer Drupal. Good solid base to build your site on. (whitehouse.gov and dev.twitter.com and more use it)

evmcomic

Reaction score
Drupal is great too. I once used wordpress, but found it to have too many security holes.

smartblogger

Reaction score
gpEasy is a complete content management system that lets users create rich and flexible Web sites with a simple and easy-to-use interface. The embedded design of the admin interface allows users to instantly see changes in a single browser window.

outlaw16151

Reaction score
check out e107 its a good cms script, ive used it before and it was easy to use, lots of different options

uraceele

Reaction score
This is such a touchy subject... I come from PHP-Fusion. It's pretty fast, flexible and hasn't progressed to far into the development world with OOP and such. It's big downfall is its licensing - AGPL. Meaning if you alter or build upon the CMS you have to share it UNLESS you purchase a license for ONE domain. E107 is highly comparable to PHP-Fusion even to the point where in the past their were feuds over stolen code. E107 in my opinion is in a better place than PHP-Fusion although I am currently helping the development team for PHP-Fusion to push out there latest version.

Other cms's like drupal, wordpress and joomla just seem overkill to me and aren't exactly friendly to beginners to who try to extend functionality. Those types of CMS's have a very high learning curve and for me are very hard to even understand what the hell is going on.

In the end it comes down to what you need. If you can find a complete package that suits your needs out of the box then I suggest you use that. If you've got software that doesn't already have the components of what you want then you'll need to code them yourself, hire a developer or buy an addon - if available.

I recently just started building my own CMS off a user system just because it'll give me all the power I need....