DNS Record Types

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambfeldman78

Reaction score
Is it possible to add DNS records beyond just A, CNAME, MX, and TXT? If so, is it something that the user can set, or is it something that admins would have to set?
Additionally, If they can't be set for a free account, do you think using another name server as primary, and x10 name servers as secondary would work/be okay?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

No, you can`t add DNS records.
Your domain will resolve to primary DNS and if its down it will resolve to secondary DNS.

Can you explain what you want to do? I mean why you need to add another DNS record? may be there is any other way of doing that thing.

adambfeldman78

Reaction score
Hello,

No, you can`t add DNS records.
Your domain will resolve to primary DNS and if its down it will resolve to secondary DNS.

Can you explain what you want to do? I mean why you need to add another DNS record? may be there is any other way of doing that thing.
I wanted to set up a NS record so that I could forward DNS queries to a subdomain to another DNS server.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Unfortunately with cPanel its not possible. You need to setup A,MX records of every subdomain if you want to host them on another server.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Your question is answered. So I am going to close this thread. If you have any more question, open a new support thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.