nvram help

mrcblake

Reaction score
every time I restart my computer stops and displays this message "new cpu installed f1 to run setup f2 to load defaults and continue". I know it has something to do with nvram. I have tried to tattoo the motherboard and had no luck with that. Because this is an hp m8000 media center. When I tried to tattoo it I get this message "type 11 string has excessed 256 characters. For some reason the feature byte has an extra four characters. If you know about the feature byte it should be ten sets of four characters with a plus two but this one is eleven set of four characters and will not write to the dmi file. Please some one help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit by Livewire: Moved to Off Topic; this doesn't relate to a free hosting account, so it shouldn't be in the free hosting section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Why do you want to tattoo the motherboard? Can't you just use the reset jumper or remove the power and backup battery to clear the BIOS settings?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm wondering what's up with the Motherboard tattooing as well. If you've already found and run the HP Tattoo utility, there's a good chance you've messed something up when you went to flash the board. You'll want to undo what you've done, reboot the machine, and then clear the CMOS if those errors continue to appear.