Very strange error when trying to access my forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

josefluke

Reaction score
// If $scripturl is set to nothing, or the SID is not defined (SSI?) just quit. // If $scripturl is set to nothing, or the SID is not defined (SSI?) just quit. // If $scripturl is set to nothing, or the SID is not defined (SSI?) just quit.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''a:653:{s:10:"smfVersion";s:5:' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/****/public_html/****/smf/cache/data_b6dbe1bc8735fe537480df224b296797-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

What is going on here exactly? Is this a webhost sided problem, or should I ask the folks over at SMF?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds more like a coding error then a hosting error to me, so you might be better of asking at SMF.

Judging from the path included for the error, it seem to be a file in SMF's cache, if you're able to clear the cache for SMF the problem might go away though. Personally I have not used SMF so I could not provide detailed support for that part.

josefluke

Reaction score
Sounds more like a coding error then a hosting error to me, so you might be better of asking at SMF.

Judging from the path included for the error, it seem to be a file in SMF's cache, if you're able to clear the cache for SMF the problem might go away though. Personally I have not used SMF so I could not provide detailed support for that part.
Yep you were right. I went over to SMF and they said to just delete the cache files.

Thanks for taking the time to help out

Status
Not open for further replies.